- It is the end of the week and I must admit that I did not accomplish all of my “5 things” that I set out to accomplish this week in regards to my "Commitment to Loveliness". (There is always next week!) Thursday I was out running errands and a migraine hit. My sweet husband put me to bed and kept watch over Sofia. When evening came I was much worse so my dear sweet husband carried me to the ER. The Lord blessed me with a kind doctor and nurse who took very good care of me and within a couple hours I was hydrated and back at home in my bed. I woke up yesterday feeling great!
-
- Today is a brand new day given to me by the Lord. As I was checking my email today I came across these two verses that express perfectly how I feel about my Jesus.
-
- Psalms 92: 1-2
- “1 It is good to give thanks to the LORD And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
- 2 To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning And Your faithfulness by night,”
Psalms 119:2
“How blessed are those who observe His testimonies, Who seek Him with all {their} heart.”
This is how I feel each moment of everyday about the Lord and His goodness! Do you feel this way each time you think of the Lord and what He has done for you? Do you often sit back and just praise His magnificence? I am not sure how anyone who claims to have a saving relationship with Jesus Christ can not feel this way. Our first response to each brand new day should be of praise to the Lord. Yes with this life comes trials and tribulations, but nothing should be able to take our joy and hope. I have a joy and a hope that surpasses even my own understanding.
I maintain this joy and hope by abiding in Christ. What does it mean to “abide in Christ”? Being in His Word daily is abiding in Christ. Seeking the Lord daily or even moment by moment for His perfect will for your life is abiding in Christ. If we become so bogged down with other matters that we push these “special times with the Lord” aside, then we are not abiding in Christ. He should be our number one priority. He payed a hefty price for our souls, so why not give Him your whole life? He is more than capable of handling the big and the small things we encounter. I challenge you today to make time for the Lord each day. If that means waking up earlier each day, isn't He worth it? If it means rearranging your schedule a bit, isn't He worth it? He sure thought you were worth it as He was being nailed to that cross.
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














1 comment:
Hi Crystal,
What a blessing it is to read your joyful words of encouragement. I agree our God is great, and worthy of our time. After all it is He who has given it to us! I didn't manage to accomplish all of my five things either, but as you said, there's always next week isn't there?! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Many Blessings,
~Sadie
Post a Comment