Each day as I rise from my bed I ask the Lord, “how can I be a more Biblical woman, wife and mother?”. Each day as I open scripture and read other Christian ladies blogs I am finding the same thing. Women were created for a special purpose. Here is an excerpt from a fellow sister in Christ, Mrs. Elliot's blog on Biblical Womanhood: God's Plan,
“What is God's will for the lives of women? He calls us to be helpers of our husbands (Genesis 2: 18). He created us to be uniquely feminine (Gen. 1:27, 2:21-22.) He created us to be life-bearers and nurturers (Genesis 1:28.) He created us to be keepers of our homes (Proverbs 31, Titus 2:3-5, 1 Timothy 5:14.) He created us to be modest (Genesis 4:21,1 Tim. 2:9) All of these things show us how our hearts should be directed.”
These are the same exact scriptures that catch my attention each time I seek to learn what it means to be a Biblical Woman and what the Lord's perfect will is for our lives. With the current state the world is in, these are things that are primitive, or are thought to be degrading to women. I actually find that a bit like spitting on the Word of God. As a Christian my first responsibility is to know how the Lord intended me to function. Everything the Lord creates is good. How He created each thing is good as is their particular roles. It is all a matter of the heart. If our hearts desire is to please the Lord and be in line with His perfect and Sovereign will, then we should have no problem being obedient to the Lord. Here are a few questions that Mrs. Elliot asks on her blog to see where each of our hearts are:
Are you a helper of your husband or of yourself?
Do you practice submission or do you manipulate?
Do your manners, dress, and activities reflect femininity?
Are you a keeper of your home? Are your home-life and family your first priorities after your relationship with the Lord?
Is keeping the home your primary job?
Do you dress and act modestly?
As women who seek to bring honor and glory to the Lord with our lives, we should all ask ourselves these important questions. We should search our hearts and find out “who” it is we are serving. I know there is always room for improvement in my life! Let's all make a commitment to Biblical Womanhood and learning what that means by using what the Lord has given us, His Word!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














1 comment:
It all goes back to loving God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind and loving your neighbor as yourself (Matt 22 --37 and 39)---If you are seeking to do this in the power of His Spirit He will bless your marriage, your family...etc. Jesus's words are the truth and obedience to them brings awesome joy.
Post a Comment