As of yesterday (December 5, 2011) I am now, officially a College Graduate! It has been hard work, and many tears of frustration have been shed trying to achieve this milestone - but by the Lord's grace and an abundance of encouragement and guidance from my husband (Malachi Sewell - who inspired me to get my degree. He has 4 degrees!), mother (Dr. Bridgette Davis), Malachi's mother for recommending Ashford University, and a very special Professor (Professor Duyen Nguyen - my Environmental Science Professor), I graduated! I now hold a Bachelor of Arts in Social Science with a Concentration in Education from Ashford University. I have learned so much, and what is even more special is that I have not wavered in my convictions, beliefs, or worldview. If anything, pursuing this degree through a secular university only worked to strengthen my convictions, beliefs, and worldview. I made it through 3 years of college standing firm in my love for the Lord and my family.
It has been an interesting experience, to say the least, but one that I am proud to have accomplished in the face of much adversity. I was once the person that no one believed would ever accomplish anything; yet by the grace of the Lord, He has accomplished much in me! He gets all the credit and glory for all achievements in my life.
And of course, while I hate to admit it, having "credentials" is a nice feeling!
Education Background:
High School Graduate - 1999
USAF Basic Training Graduate - 1999
USAF Dental Assistant Graduate - 2000 (I've even assisted in performing root canals on the Air Force Security Police Dogs when stationed at Barksdale, AFB)
USAF Senior Airman/Journeyman - 2 Year Tour in South Korea at Osan, ABF ROK where I learned skills in Combat Medicine (I've spent at least 8+ hours in Chem Gear, learned how to triage and access critically wounded patients through Combat Exercises repeated every 4 months and headed Infection Control within the Dental Facility when there was no NCOIC available and I implemented a new water purification and monitoring system) -2002-2004 (Total Service Time 1999-2004)
Remington College - Medical Assistant - 2004-2005
Ashford University Alumni - 2008-2011 - Bachelor of Arts in Social Science with a Concentration in Education
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
Congratulations!
Post a Comment