Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Being the Keeper of MY Home

 
I am learning, as I get older (and hopefully more mature in the faith) that I need to be reminded constantly that as a Christian wife and mother, I am to be the keeper of my home; MY own home.  I am learning to simply mind my own business and tend to the things for which the Lord has set before me to tend to.  This means focusing on my husband, children and of course my own home.  It seems in the past few years I've become preoccupied with different things that while not in and of themselves is wrong, are simply not necessary and often times a spoiler of my time.   Have you ever felt this way?

I simply cannot keep up with what everyone else is doing (or not doing) whom do not live in my home.  I only have 24 hours in each day, and because of the particular season I am in at the moment (the mom of little ones) I really should be more mindful of my time.  This is one reason that I make it a point NOT to talk on the phone during the week, and then even still very little on the weekends.  It seems each time I get on the phone to catch up with a friend or a family member who lives out of town, I neglect those who are depending on me the most; my children - and sometimes my husband.  It becomes a time where my children are left to themselves and everyone knows this becomes a recipe for disaster.  Before Eleanor was born, it was much easier as Sofia and Charlotte napped, leaving me with time to either nap with them or make those phone calls to friends; times have changed for sure.  Sofia no longer naps (Praise the Lord that she took regular naps until a few months after her 5th birthday!), and Eleanor and Charlotte are on different nap schedules -  which is perfectly fine with me.  All this means is that at any given time, one or two (or all three) of the children are awake and in need of their momma.  There are lulls in the day where they are playing quietly and I generally  use these times to prepare meals, read a little, clean a little, check emails, or blog.  I used to use night times after the girls were in bed to do these things, but by the time they are in bed I am exhausted; not to mention that I'd like to spend time with my dear husband too. 

Even knowing all that I mentioned above I still find it difficult to get everything done.  I am learning that "getting it all done" isn't the point of life; but loving and nurturing my husband and children for the glory of the Lord is the point.  In doing the latter I am declaring the Gospel to an unbelieving world.  Obeying the Lord and spending my time at home making my life's work about serving my family not only brings God glory but brings me much joy and keeps me from getting entangled in frivolous things.

As I was checking out one of my favorite blogs, A Wise Woman, I was thrilled to see the news about the teaching DVD - Homemaking 101: Vision Encouragement and Instruction for Young, Christian Wives by Jennifer Ross!  I ordered my copy and I can't wait to watch it and gain some wisdom and encouragement within the areas of Homemaking that I seem to struggle with.



Mrs. Fuentes shared on her blog (A Wise Woman) that:

"Jennifer is the mom to 11 children ages 19 months to 21 years old and wife to author, Jason Ross. She is owner of the blog, Renewing Housewives, and author of the ebook, Encouraging Challenges. She has a heart for her family and homemaking and this new DVD is one that they had their heart set on making for  years." 

"Homemaking 101 is priced at $15.95 but Jennifer is graciously offering a special 25% OFF discount to our readers! Just use the discount code:
25off"
"You can find Homemaking 101 at Family Vision Films (great place for getting your family movies!) also you can follow them on their Facebook fan page.


You can following Renewing Housewives on Facebook here.
and on Twitter here..



Thank you, Jennifer!"

I too want to "thank" Jennifer for taking the time and making such a valuable teaching tool for those of us who are still learning about homemaking.  Even though I am 30 years old, I still have so much to learn from older godly women.  I am thankful for the internet, for which the Lord has used to help His children learn from each other across the miles.  

Once I view the film I will be sure to write up a review!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><

 

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon