My sweet Eleanor is 9 months old today! Where does the time go? I feel like she is growing up faster than I can keep up! She is such a precious child. Each morning I'm greeted with a big smile and every night I'm blessed to snuggle with this sweet darling.
Eleanor is still exclusively breastfeeding. She isn't keen on solid foods yet, although she does like mangoes and avocados - just not frequently. We decided to skip the whole rice cereal thing because it is just empty calories and doesn't provide any real nutritional value to her diet. My midwife recommended that we just follow Eleanor's lead and let her use her hands to figure out what she likes and doesn't like. It is so different than how we started solids with Sofia and Charlotte, and I'm glad my midwife mentioned it because I really like this approach.
Eleanor took her first unassisted steps on Saturday! I totally missed it because I was grocery shopping! Malachi said she took two small steps to my recliner without holding onto anything! She has attempted to do it again but can't seem to move that little foot. It is much like when she wanted to crawl; she would get up on her hands and knees and rock back and forth, then she'd just lay back down on her belly. Sofia took her first steps on her 1st birthday, but didn't really walk for a few months after that. Charlotte began walking at 10 months, and now it looks like Miss Eleanor has broken that record by taking her first steps a few days before making it to 9 months old!
I love this baby, and all my babies for that matter. I feel so blessed to be their mother!
Soli Deo Gloria!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><
Monday, November 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment