Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Still waiting!



Me and My Charlotte
(I wore pants this day (a rarity) because I couldn't find my tights to wear with my skirt and I didn't want my legs to freeze while we were out and about running errands...felt so weird!)


Well, we’re still waiting on Miss Eleanor.  I had a checkup with my midwife yesterday and everything looks good.  She estimates that Eleanor is 8 to 8 ½ pounds now and thinks Ellie might make her debut as late as middle of next week (so Eleanor could be 9lbs when born!).  This doesn’t in anyway bother me because Sofia was 9lbs and Charlotte was 10lbs, so apparently I birth good big healthy babies!

Everything is ready.  My midwife gave us the birthing tub yesterday and we finally got the hose we needed.  That was a fiasco in and of itself to find a 50ft “safe drinking water hose”.  But, we got it, and that is all that matters!  (Thanks to the Thacker family for gifting that to us)

I started having contractions about 7 to 10 minutes apart last night around 9pm.  They were lasting about 30 seconds or so, the longest ones lasting one minute.  This morning is still somewhat the same with lots of lower back pain.  If Ellie is coming this week, she is apparently going to take her sweet time.  I’ve done everything to see if the contractions change or stop, but they just stay at about 7 to 10 minutes apart.  So, we’ll just wait and see what Miss Eleanor has planned.

Yesterday when seeing my midwife she reminded me of something that I needed to be reminded of.  As “D-Day” approaches and I know I have an excellent God-fearing birthing team on my side for support, she reminded me that I am rooted in Christ.  That He will be my strength through this birth.  I am so thankful to have a God-fearing midwife who will remind me where my hope and strength ultimately comes from.  So, as we approach the arrival of Ellie, and while I know the labor will be hard and painful, I know that the Lord is with me every step of the way.  He has preordained this path for me at this very time, and it is for my good and His glory!  He has set everything up the way it is, to the birthing team I have, to the supportive and wonderful husband that will encourage me throughout the entire process.  I am so very blessed and grateful.

As the day approaches, for me to give birth to my sweet Eleanor, I will keep my mind focused on the Lord and embrace and endure through having my very first natural childbirth at home.  The Lord meant it to be this way, and I will keep my faith, trust, hope and delight in Him alone.  Soli Deo Gloria!

"The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands."
 -Psalm 138:8
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

2 comments:

Miranda Hupp said...

You are so cute! I so miss that feeling of having a little one moving around in my belly. :o)

Im so exciting for you. I have been praying for you and your family for some time now. I cant wait to see picture of your sweet Ellie!

Marcia said...

I am so excited for you and cannot wait to see pictures of Eleanor. If you feel like it, share all you can about the process of a home birth. I am very curious!

Blessings,
Marcia

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon