I had the best visit and check up with my midwife and Doula yesterday! I even had a great check up with the OB! Everything is happening to fast now that I have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy every minute.
I received the sterilization instructions from my midwife this morning and we have a few more things to get in order to be prepared for the homebirth. We are so excited and grateful for everyone who has chipped in to help us out. We’re hoping Ellie holds off until next payday so that we don’t get caught in the throes of labor still needing stuff.
The OB did a check yesterday and I am 2cm dilated, which means that the contractions I have been having are real ones! YAY! What it doesn’t tell us is when active labor will start…but it does mean the process has begun for Ellie to be born!
I can’t even describe the feelings I am having today about everything. I’m not fearful or worried, but I am 100% excited and joyful. To think that just a year ago we were experiencing another loss of a child, to this year the Lord blessing us with another one. He is so good to us and I have nothing to complain about and I am thankful for my lot in life (good or bad).
I’m constantly day dreaming about what Ellie’s personality will be like, or who she will look more like. I can’t wait to count all ten fingers and all ten toes, and just snuggle with her. I love that new baby smell! What a wondrous and marvelous thing for the Lord to bless us with; children.
In the meantime, I appreciate all the prayers and encouragement as we venture into our first homebirth. I will keep you all updated! Soli Deo Gloria!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














No comments:
Post a Comment