Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ready for Miss Ellie


            It is just about time for Miss Ellie to make her sweet debut into our world!  While I am totally excited and trying my very best to enjoy every last moment of this pregnancy, I really am ready for Ellie to come.  I find myself teetering on total elation and then total emotional meltdown over insignificant things.  Hormones can play horrible tricks on us I do believe.  Through it all I am fighting very hard to keep my focus on the Lord, and I know that Eleanor will arrive in perfect time.  Until then, we are just waiting.

            We pretty much have everything ready, except we do need to purchase a new infant car seat as the one we used for Sofia and Charlotte has expired.  In all the planning and preparing I totally forgot about it and never budgeted to purchase a new seat.  So, this means we are praying our income tax return will be in before Eleanor arrives so that we can get her a new seat.  Have I ever mentioned how much I loathe doing our income tax return?  This year was a bit more involved as we had to wait on more forms than we have in previous years.  However, I got it all done and submitted, and now we wait.  (Seems like we have been doing a lot of “waiting” lately)

            My midwife and Doula are coming tomorrow for a visit/check-up, and then I visit with the OB for a check-up to meet the state requirements for a homebirth.  I am getting more and more excited about our homebirth and I am so blessed to have the birth team I have to help me through it.  I’ve been having real contractions on and off for a couple weeks now; nothing regular or consistent.  Eleanor can be born safely in a week, and I have a feeling this little sweetie pie will only hold out for one more week.  She is definitely in position, and while she still moves around, it certainly isn’t as much movement as a few weeks ago.  I’ve been seeing my chiropractor a lot more often now.  My hips seem to pop out of place every other day, and I am SO very thankful to have a chiropractor who does her best to make sure I am comfortable.  Sofia and Charlotte went with me to my last appointment and had the best time playing in the “play room” that the doctor has set up for children.  Sofia calls the chiropractor “the bone doctor”, and was so excited to be able to come with me this last time.  

            Speaking of my sweet girls; both are totally excited about their new baby sister.  Sofia has insisted that she be allowed in the birth tub with me, and that baby Ellie is sleeping with her in HER bed.  I love to see how much she has grown and the excitement and joy she has about babies.  Charlotte has begun to really show excitement over Ellie after we explained to her that she will be a big sister like Sofia.  Every morning Charlotte kisses my belly and says “good morning baby Ellie”, and then proceeds to ask me “what Ellie doing?”  When we are sitting on the couch snuggling, both girls put one hand on my belly because they want to hold Eleanor.  My heart just melts every time!

            So as we head into the final week/s of this pregnancy, I just have to say thank you to everyone who has been lifting us up in prayer throughout, and for all the kind words of encouragement I have received over the last 37 weeks.  I can’t put into words how truly blessed I feel to have friends and total strangers keeping us in prayer.  I pray that you all are well and walking steadfast in the faith for the glory of Jesus Christ alone!  Soli Deo Gloria!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon