Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy "Early" Mother's Day to ME!

The past couple of days have been rough for me, mostly due to the Clomid and crazy hormones, but today out of all the craziness and mood swings, my sweet and wonderful husband gave me my Mother’s Day gift early.

We were walking through Sears in the mall on our way to the elevator, when we passed by the jewelry counter and Malachi noticed that everything was on sale. We stopped, like we do on occasion and fancied ourselves with a look at the pretty sparkly things. This ring popped out at both Malachi and I, and after noticing the sale price he looked at me and said “Happy Mother’s Day!”

My New Wedding Ring Set from my WONDERFUL HUSBAND


The ring’s regular price was $439.99, but my Malachi purchased it for me at $150! I love love love the ring Malachi bought me when got married, and it in itself has a story behind it and testifies to the Lord’s Divine “matchmaking”. I don’t have a traditional wedding ring set, just one ring that is antique in design (which I love!), so when we saw this set it too was perfect! During my pregnancy with Charlotte my hands swelled so much that I couldn’t wear my wedding ring…which just about killed me because I love it so much. This new ring set is a better fit for when I become pregnant again, and also allows me to have a piece of special jewelry to give to my daughters one day.

Isn't it just lovely?
I love that 1920's look

So, even in the midst of mood swings and a little drama (did I mention I hate drama?), my sweet husband managed (as always) to remind me of something that truly matters, our marriage, and how out of all the people in the world he is my best friend and I need for no one else (other than Christ of course). He reminded me today just how special he is to me, and how much I love him. He has been such a solid rock in our marriage and I am ever learning from him and he humbly guides our family in the ways of the Lord. I respect my husband to the utmost, and I am so undeserving of his love and kindness towards me. I thank the Lord each day that He divinely placed Malachi in my life at just the perfect time, and has had His hands on us through the years. He chose a man that would love me unconditionally, defend my honor and defend me with his life if the occasion ever called for it. He chose a man that would be a godly patriarch for our growing family, and who would lead us in the ways of the Lord for God’s glory alone. I am blessed beyond measure, and the Lord used my husband to remind me of that once again.

"My Beloved is mine, and I am his"

Song of Solomon 2:16

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

2 comments:

Marcia said...

The ring is just beautiful! And your hubby seems like such a great guy. I love following your blog. God bless,
Marcia

Unknown said...

Gorgeous girl!! He picked out a beautiful ring for you!!

Hope your day was blessed!

Serving with joy,
Sonya

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon