“And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
Yesterday was another rough day. I ended up wrestling with a nasty migraine that brought with it much nausea. I lost my cool about a million times with my sweet girls, and at the end of the day, decided my bedtime was 9pm. My night was no better than my day as my little Miss Charlotte decided it was party time at around 2am. Malachi and I took turns putting her back down, until Malachi just decided to get up with her for the morning. Needless to say, when Malachi came in to wake me up for the morning I was less than enthusiastic about it.
Now, Malachi is at work and the girls are sitting quietly watching a movie, while munching on dry cheerios and raisins. I decided I would take advantage of the quiet moment I have and blog a bit.
2 Corinthians 12:9 has been stuck in my head for days, however, it wasn’t until today did it click. The light went on! Thank you Lord that your grace is truly sufficient, and more so in my weakness. Am I still struggling? Yes. Does this mean that I am in any way defeated? Absolutely Not! The Lord is my strength and refuge and in Him I will place my trust.
There are so many who are like me, who have endured through the loss of a child, even several losses. I want to remind them, and myself, that Jesus is where our hope should be; not in our abilities to conceive and bare a child/children, but in Christ alone. We will mourn and grieve, but we must always remember and be certain that our everlasting hope, our eternal hope is in Christ Jesus, and no one else. He is our strength and our comfort. He knows our hurts and pains. He sees us cry and wail. He is no stranger to our suffering. There is joy and contentment when we rest in Him, no matter our current circumstance.
So, while I am yet still grieving, I am still filled with joy in knowing that my Savior conquered death and the grave, and His grace is sufficient for me!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><














1 comment:
Praise the Lord for a brighter day!! His grace is sufficent in all things. Glad you're having a better day:)
Post a Comment