Thursday, July 30, 2009

Prayer For My Sweet Charlotte - Second Day of Fever


Today has been a very hectic day of back and forth trips to the hospital with Charlotte. We were finally able to get a urine specimen about an hour before the lab at the hospital closed; however, we won’t know the results until tomorrow. The doctor that examined Charlotte today said that her throat is irritated, but said that children under 3 years of age can’t get strep throat. Charlotte’s fever has been consistently hovering around 101.8 and 100.5 for two days now. I have been alternating Motrin and Tylenol and the fever has yet to break. The doctor wanted the urine specimen to rule out a UTI, and it is still possibly that my sweet Charlotte has the flu. Either way we will have some answers tomorrow.


On a “praise” note; while Charlotte has been running a fever and her heart rate has been elevated, there are no signs of SVT. This does not mean that she can’t have breakthroughs, but we are taking this as a great opportunity to praise the Lord for His Providence over Charlotte.


My heart aches when my children are sick. This is the very first time (other than Charlotte’s heart condition and her stay in the NICU immediately after birth) that she has been “sick”. It pains me to watch her suffer and I am powerless to make it all better. The only sweet part is that she only wants her momma, and it would appear that Charlotte thinks everything is alright in the arms of her momma. I am a blessed mother!

We ask that you all continue to pray for Charlotte. We know that God is in control and that He knows exactly what is going on, and I am positive that He is caring for her in ways that I am eternally and Divinely incapable of.

Thank you all for being patient with the “FFAS” blogs, I promise that once my daughter is well and my house is in order, they will be continued.

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon