Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Sweet Charlotte - Not Feeling Well

Yesterday was a rough day. Little Miss Charlotte is not feeling so well. I was unable to get the “Frugally Feminine Apparel Series – Day 5” posted because I was caring for my sweet Charlotte and ended up making a trip to the ER at around 8pm.

Miss Charlotte had enough

Charlotte had been running a fever since midnight the night before last, and I could not get it to break with the aid of Motrin or Tylenol. I also tried a lukewarm bath to no avail. Charlotte little heart was racing and with her history of SVT (she is not on her meds since her birthday) I decided that to err on the side of caution I would take her to the ER. Unfortunately they were of no help because they couldn’t seem to get a urine specimen from Charlotte. She is so small that they couldn’t get a catheter going to get the urine. So, about4 hours later I arrived home with a still sick baby whose temp was 101.8. Needless to say, neither one of us got any rest last night as she was up most of the night whimpering.

I am sure all you ladies will understand if I put the “FFAS” on hold for a few days to focus all my attention to Charlotte.

We would greatly appreciate your prayers this morning as I take her to see her pediatrician. The ER doctor mentioned that he suspected one of two things; a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) or the flu. Neither of which I am thrilled about but one is treatable while the other is not. We still have not received word on Charlotte’s “bone age scan” to determine her biological age and whether or not it is “ok” for her to only weigh 15lbs at a year of age (chronologically). So, at this point I am more worried about her being sick and “losing” any weight at all, because we are not sure that she can afford any weight loss. I am sure you all can see my reason for concern. However, my trust is in the Lord Who knows all things and is fully capable of taking care of my Charlotte. She ultimately belongs to Him.

Thanks to all who are praying!

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

2 comments:

Mrs. P. said...

They usually check for flu with a nasal swab. That would be one way they could rule it out. I'm surprised the ER didn't do that for you. It could have saved you some stress. I pray that your pediatrician is able to figure it out for you.

The Watts Family said...

Sorry to hear your daughter is not feeling well. Praying the doctors have wisdom and she has healing full and complete ~Blessings Heather

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon