Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Charlotte Michelle - 5 July 2009

She melts my heart

The days just seems to pass by me entirely too quickly. It really does feel like yesterday I was finally bringing Charlotte home from the hospital after her week stay in the NICU for her SVT. (You can see her birth announcement here.)

Just 24 hours old, holding her own in the NICU

What a sweet blessing Charlotte has been. The first 5 months of her life were filled with lots of crying, breastfeeding difficulties (on my part but praise God Charlotte is still breastfeeding!), no more than 2 hours of sleep at a time (if that), a less than desirable pediatrician (who only made things worse), and while I was not a first time mom; I was am still very clueless at times. In the midst of all this I am still overwhelmed with joy and honored to be the mother of this precious blessing. As I flip through the pages (virtual that is, on my desktop…oh the joys of modern technology) I become a bit emotional that the time has passed by so quickly and secretly wish I could savor those moments just one more time. The countless night I spent nursing Charlotte every 30 minutes, hour, or 2 hours while rocking her in my arms, seems almost a distant memory and yet there times where it feels only seconds have passed since then.

One very tired momma and one sweet chunky Charlie

My sweet Charlie (as we affectionately call her) is now a full year old! (As of 5 July 2009) She is walking and beginning to make words and has such a sweet (and yes quiet) personality. I am always amazed at how different my two daughters are from each other, yet they share the same sweet ability to melt my heart from the inside out.

Charlotte making a silly face (4 July 2009)

Charlotte has the sweetest little voice that my husband says sounds like a slide whistle. Her favorite two favorite movies are “Mary Poppins” and “Dora: The Lost City of Toys”. She can be in the throes of fussing without an end in sight and we put “Mary Poppins” or Dora on and it’s like a totally different Charlotte! She stops fussing immediately and starts dancing and bouncing.

Charlotte has been off her heart medication for about 4 days now and so far so good. However, I am beginning to think that it may be the culprit in her not sleeping as well these past few nights. Last night was a doozy. She cried from 11pm to about 4am! She has an appointment scheduled with her cardiologist on the 29th of this month. We will know more then.

All in all this past year with Charlotte has been a blessing and a much needed learning molding experience that God has used to teach me many things about Himself. I have been listening to a segment from the True Woman Conference ’08 through Nancy Leigh Demoss’ website “Revive Our Hearts” entitled “Turning the Tide: A Call to Intentional Motherhood” with Holly Elliff. (You can listen to the podcast here) Holly Elliff eloquently (and adequately) explains “The Beauty of Motherhood” by giving wonderful encouragement from God’s Word on just how important mothers are to their children and to multigenerational faithfulness. I highly recommend listening to this podcast when if you have a free moment or print out the transcript and read it at your leisure.

As a mother of two sweet babies I am inexplicably and undeservingly blessed. The Lord has used these two precious lives to teach me much about Himself and to rid me of things that simply do not honor Him. I am learning that while I detest Feminism some of my thoughts are tinted by it. I still have much to learn and I trust that God will finish the work He began in me (Philippians 1:6). I also pray that my children will grow up with a proper understanding and appreciation for Biblical Womanhood and make Motherhood intentional in their lives. Ground can be regained in the battle against modern day feminism, and it starts AT HOME with Christian women making the intentional decision of motherhood and embracing this call by whatever means the Lord brings children into their lives (child birth, adoption or fostering). We must rid ourselves of self-centeredness and become Christ-centered as we make the conscious effort to die to ourselves each day for the Glory of God and the furthering of HIS Kingdom. The call of Motherhood has eternal effects on our children’s souls and the generations of souls that come after them.

Behold, children are a gift of the Lord,

The fruit of the womb is a reward.

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,

So are the children of one’s youth.

How blessed in the man whose quiver is full of them;

The will not be ashamed

When they speak with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5 (NASB)

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Charlotte is so precious! Happy Birthday, sweet baby girl!

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon