I decided that I would take a break from blogging Friday through Sunday. This way I can focus on my family during the weekends when my husband is home.
So, now, here we are at Day 4 of the “Frugally Feminine Apparel Series”, and today I am wearing that same black dress with a light blue 100% cotton t-shirt from Target that I purchased for around $8. Sofia is wearing the same dress from a few days ago but this time I put a white t-shirt on under it for a more modest look. (I also fed her lunch in her pj’s instead of her day clothes…cuts down on the tomato stains in her nicer clothes!)
I cannot tell you how much I love this black dress. I am actually thinking about heading to the fabric store to purchase some cotton/jersey knit fabric to recreate the dress. I am still only “thinking” about it at this point.
To be modest and feminine in order to honor God means that our hearts need to be focused on achieving these things for Him, not to impress those around us. The point of dressing femininely or modestly should not be done to make yourself appear more holy than “plain Jane” or “dolled up Suzy” next door, but should be done to honor God and draw attention to Him. If dressing modestly is done merely to give the appearance of holiness than what has actually been achieved is vanity.
As we go about our days purposefully re-evaluating our apparel, let’s keep in mind “Who” we are dressing for.
“Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.”
Proverbs 31: 25
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)













No comments:
Post a Comment