Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sweet Charlotte

We did find a new pediatrician for Charlotte (and Sofia) and she is just great! God is so good at leading us where we should be. The doctor examined Charlotte and then did some blood work and took urine as well, and ALL of Charlotte’s results were NORMAL! I also called Charlotte’s cardiologist and had them order some blood work to check her Digoxin levels and that came back normal as well. The issue with Charlotte is purely caloric AND she is just a tiny baby. She is healthy and thriving. We decided not to have the sweat test done for Cystic Fibrosis because she has not one symptom and all of her blood work came back fine.

For now I am trying very hard to get Charlotte to nurse longer than 5 minutes. She is also getting solids three times a day…but has times when she simply isn’t interested. I am not wasting time on foods like green beans and peas as they are very low in calories, so we are sticking with high caloric foods like avocados, oatmeal and brown rice cereal. The doctor put my mind at ease about giving Charlotte butter, but also respected my feelings against doing that. She did not in any way push formula because breast milk and formula have the same caloric value and because Charlotte refuses a bottle. I am continuing to pump after feedings and mix it in with her solids or offer it to her in a sippy cup throughout the day.

Basically I am following Charlotte’s cues. She is still nursing every 2 hours or so at night, and recently has started not sleeping well at all! Her naps are no more than an hour and she wakes up about every 45 minutes at night. As most of you can guess, this makes for a very tired and irritable baby, and mommy! I have no idea what else to try to get this little one to sleep, but sleep she must. (Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated)

All in all Charlotte is healthy and happy, other than the not sleeping. We are praising God for His Sovereignty!

Thank you all for the prayers!

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon