Monday, March 30, 2009

Prayer For My Sweet Charlotte

9 Months Old


We had to take Sofia to the doctor last Friday because she kept complaining that her ear hurt. While there the pediatrician wanted to go ahead and weigh Charlotte. Three weeks ago Charlotte weighed 13lbs 9oz and Friday she weighed in at 14lbs 1 1/2oz. Charlotte is a little baby with no other issues other than the fact that the doctor is not satisfied that she is little (under weight on the CDC growth chart). Charlotte is charting at the 3rd percentile and so the doctor has prescribed a sweat test for Cystic Fibrosis and a battery of blood work to check her iron, thyroid and test for Celiac’s Disease. My mother’s/gut instinct is that Charlotte is 100% healthy as she exhibits NO symptoms of being ill. She is surpassing her developmental milestones for a 9 month old, has good dirty diapers and wet diapers and hasn’t been sick a day in her 9 month life.

The pediatrician is pushing that I start Charlotte on formula and give her butter to fatten her up. I have strong feelings against doing this when I have enough breast milk to supplement with. Charlotte gets solids three times a day and nurses about every 3 hours during the day and 2 hours at night…and evidently that still isn’t good enough and the doctor suspects that Charlotte must have some other issues. (Note: Malachi and I are not big people and neither is Sofia)

So I am asking for prayer during this situation of trying to get a second opinion and for wisdom and discernment in making any decisions concerning Charlotte.

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You guys are always remembered in my prayers.

Melody said...

Hey sweetheart, my friend went through that with her daughter and honest she stuck her ground. She continued with her breast milk, and solids I think she just added a extra feeding of oatmeal with applesauce and told the Dr. thank you but no thank you. God gives you the discernment allow God to guide you to what your daughter needs not a Dr. he's just doing what he thinks he should.

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon