Saturday, January 17, 2009

Homemade Pies from Scratch!

Blueberry Goodness

Sweet Cherry Bliss

Today has been a fruitful day! I basically camped out in my kitchen most of the day baking yummy goodies for church tomorrow. I am preparing beef stew for lunch for everyone at church and I made a homemade cherry pie and blueberry pie…both from scratch! I made the pie crust using this recipe. The filling for the cherry pie I used this recipe and for the blueberry pie I used 1 can of blueberries in light syrup, 3 TBSP cornstarch, ½ Cup Sugar 3 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice and a dash of cinnamon. I just mixed it all together and poured it in a prepared pie crust. They look so yummy; I only pray they ARE yummy!

Making homemade pie crust is a challenge, and is not as easy as I thought it would be. I stuck it out and got it done and pray that it takes good tomorrow when I bite into those sweet pies!

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

3 comments:

Stuce said...

How did the pies turn out? Because they look delicious

I have a VERY easy pie crust recipe if you want it. It tastes so good my husband never let me go back to pre-mades. And, I was no expert when I made it the first time.

SarahF said...

Hi Crystal,

the pies look delish! I bet everyone at house church appreciated them :)

Sarah Fiodorova x

(I've signed out of facebook for a while as I was spending too much time on there!).

Sarah said...

Those look so yummy!!!!!!

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon