Wednesday, January 21, 2009

God Is Sovereign OVER ALL THINGS!

Yesterday was a pretty important day, but I was not at all shaken that Barak Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States of America. God is Sovereign and He is in control and my trust is in Him alone. It truly is sad that there are Christians who are completely shaken and overwhelmingly worried about what President Obama will do to our nation. Do we all have to be reminded that even under President Bush’s time in the White House; this nation is not a “Christian” nation. Do we have to be reminded that there is no such thing as a “Christian” nation? Why are Christians so quick to “freak out” when the actual condition of our own society comes to light? President Barak Obama was elected into office by the majority of the American population (even by Christians) which is only indicative of where our nation stands in regards to upholding a Biblical Worldview. I love what Dr. Voddie Baucham said on his website on January 17th:

“God has ordained the Church, not the state, to bring true hope and change. Just as those on the right were wrong to view the inauguration of George W. Bush as a prophetic fulfillment, those on the left are wrong to view the inauguration of Barack Obama as the coronation of the political Messiah. The State is not the answer (to paraphrase Ronald Reagan); the gospel is the answer. The more we trust in the State, the less we trust in the Lord. A prayer offered by a mega-church pastor will not change the fact that we are living in a wicked land. “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!” (Isaiah 5:20 ESV)”

I implore you to go over and read the article in its entirety. I pray that the Lord would change our new President’s heart for his soul’s sake, not for my well being. God will surely provide and care for my family as He has done from the beginning. Having a liberal President will not cause my God to “drop the ball” in regards to protecting what is most important and that is my salvation and preserving my children. My trust is 100% in Jesus Christ for the hope of my faith, not in the current state of our nation. I will not be shaken or have a meltdown because this world has been evil since the fall of man, and nothing is going to change that until Christ returns! I am here for one purpose and that is to spread the Gospel no matter the cost. Americans know NOTHING of real persecution and even if we did we have no justification to doubt God’s Sovereignty over all things. We are not justified in whining or even fearing our government because God is Sovereign over all things! We are to continue to fight the good fight of faith and run this race until the end. We are a people living in a foreign land, so of course we are not going to be welcomed or approved of. We are going to be persecuted for loving God and obeying His word, and we are to count it ALL joy when we face trials and tribulation. (James 1)

Does this mean that I am going to celebrate the current President’s arrival, absolutely not! I hate what God hates and love what God loves. It is quite apparent that President Barak Obama is opposed to obeying God’s commandments and so I refuse to approve of his policies or even pacify people into thinking I will be tolerant of them. I will speak out against those things that are in opposition to God’s word. Shame on those Christians who accept or even approve of President Obama’s godless politics. Abortion is a sin, and this man wants to use your tax dollars to fund the countless murders of the unborn. He wants to use your tax dollars to fund the harvesting and murder of embryos (babies) for the sake of medical research. This man refuses to speak out against redefining marriage and has even used scripture to approve of same sex relationships. Shame on those Christians who refuse to fight against these things for fear of offending a friend, family member or church member as the only one to fear is God Almighty. No matter what the situation God is Sovereign and I will trust in Him and pray that HIS will be done for HIS GLORY not my comfort level or what I can gain from the situation.

We all need to run hard after Christ and make Him our focus and priority. We need to take every opportunity to spread the Gospel no matter who the President of the United States is. The enemy wants to steal our joy and destroy us. Satan wants us to freak out and worry because it causes us to take our eyes off of God and focus our situation and throw ridiculous pity parties for ourselves making us ineffectual Christians. So we Praise God in ALL seasons of life for HE IS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED AND IS SOVEREIGN OVER ALL THINGS!!!

Serving GOD and MY Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If abortion is sin, how much more is the fact that we have one of the highest infant mortality rates sin--this is mostly due to poverty. It is also sin that third graders can't read, and that California decides how many prisons to build based on third grade reading below grade levels because that is directly connected, and Obama plans to make health care and public education priorities. War is a sin too, as is torture, but our government has freely engaged in those behaviors with little justification or warrant.

Scripture shows us that God judges us on how we care for the most vulnerable among us, and not just the unborn. Since the church puts very little of its' resources (relatively) towards helping those outside its' fold, I support our (Christian) president as he works towards these ends.

This article is sort of back handed in my opinion, I must say.

Mrs. Sewell said...

Thanks for your comment.

Where in scripture, chapter and verse, does it say that a child being unable to read in the third grade is sin, and where in scripture, chapter and verse is "war" a sin? And you need to quote some source to back up your claim that the "Church" doesn't offer aid to those outside of it's "fold" instead of making a blanket statement. Also, what is your definition of "sin"? Because apparently it is NOT the same definition as defined in scripture.

Did God sin when he sent Joshua and Gideon and David into war? Or did God sin when He took David's child to Heaven to be with Him because of David's sin with Bathsheba? Warfare is as common place in the Bible as praying is. Even Jesus said He did not come to bring peace but the sword, so you really need to show in scripture, chapter and verse for your claims that "war" is a sin. Also, poverty is not a sin, if so, you need to show me in scripture where "poverty" is a sin? God says "blessed are the poor"

1 John 3:4 says "Whosoever commits sin transgresses the Law, for sin IS the transgression of the Law."

Babies dieing naturally is NOT a sin it is a fact of life, for God is the Author of life. Acts 3:15 John 5:21-27, Mathew 10:28, Genesis 1. Infant mortality by natural causes is not a sin, just a fact of life. However, if children are dieing by the hands of man intentionally that is an atrocity that God says "defiles the nation." Leviticus 18:21-24.

As far as education, it is not the governments responsibility to make sure our children are educated. The Bible is very specific that it is the responsibility of parents to teach their children, and thus I am against government run public schools in the first place. I see no scripture that makes it "ok" to send my children to some other authority for their education, especially if the institution providing education is a secular godless system. Psalm 1:1

Scripture does not say that we are judged based on how we care for the less fortunate, but we are judged based on our sin and if we have repented of it and turn from it to follow Christ and OBEY His word. Caring for the less fortunate will be a fruit of the relationship with Christ, not a "judging factor for salvation".

I do not rely on my government to offer hope for a better nation. I rely on God and His word and promises for the security of my salvation not the security of my comfort level while living here on Earth. It is not the government responsibility to care for those less fortunate, it is the job of the Church, but since we have Christians and churches who seek only to please themselves, there is a lack of resources for those less fortunate. Also, there will always be poverty, sickness, death and sin until Christ makes His triumphant and victorious return. Until then I refuse to endorse anyone who supports evil practices against the unborn as a way to accommodate someone who sees being pregnant as an inconvenience. The majority of abortions preformed in our nation are not based on a woman's health being endangered, but that of people who want to continue in the practice of recreational sex as our government refuses to teach abstinence to young people.

It seems as though your definition of sin is relative to whatever you prefer it to mean and does not line up with what scripture defines it to be. Having a third grade education or not will not prevent someone from entering into Heaven, but sin will.

Based on your relative defintion of sin, I can see why you would think that President Obama is a "Christian".

Serving God and Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to make you upset nor encourage you to resort to nasty attacks on my own piety, but I'd recommend you reread the psalms, the words of Jesus (luke 4 16-23 comes to mind), and the book of James if you need references to God's treatment of those who don't care for the poor and who only focus on the public sins of others (as you describe, abortion) and don't focus on their own sins (hardening their heart toward the most vulnerable).

Infant mortality is directly related to poverty, as are reading levels.

The Bible never mentions abortion, either, by the way.

Anonymous said...

And although some see scriptural mandate for "just war", this is not the view of many Christians who see our current war in particular as truly unjust and immoral.

Funny how you say we shouldn't depend on government yet defend war.

Mrs. Sewell said...

Again, all I am asking you to do is define your terms as to "what sin is". Are you saying that because the Bible doesn't directly mention "abortion" that it is not a sin?

When did I in any way support the current war? What I did was inform you that "war" is not a sin as you tired to infer in your original post.

It seems you are so fixated on politics that it is painting your theology.

My response was not about debating politics, it was about getting you to define your terms biblically, because again, going to war, not being able to read by the third grade and being poor are NOT sins.

No Abortion is not mentioned in the Bible because it is unthinkable in Biblical times, but killing children did take place. If you would read the verses that I cited you would know that. They would sacrifice their children to the prosperity god by burning their children alive. Abortion is in effect the very same thing, only done under the cloak of "a woman's right to choose".

Also, "Bible" is not mentioned in the Bible, so that is not a valid argument to defend your position.

You have made the error of a "Straw Man Argument" which is a logical fallacy by trying to weed secular reasoning in with weak Biblical understanding.

Sarah said...

Hmmmm... where to begin...

I think I see the point madgebaby is trying to make- that she'd like to see the church reach out and help the community more but since it's hasn't happened to her liking, she fully supports the federal government interceding and raising the family for us.
That kinda reminds me communism…

The taking of another's life in the Bible is serious business, but I've never seen anything mentioned about the sinfulness of infant mortality rates. Verse, please?

God commanded several nations to go to war in the Bible (as Crystal said and cited Scripture for). If a president led his country into battle against God's word, then I could see that as a sin, but war is not specifically a sin in unto itself.
I also think that we can support a war, but still not be completely dependant on our country.
Luke 20:25 tells us "render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." So, we should give the government what they're owed... that is all. Last time I checked, I belonged to God and I will not rely on my government to sustain me. However, I may support a war if I feel that God has ordained it.

In reference to education, I don't think it's a bad reflection of the church that third graders in California are illiterate- I think it's a direct reflection on their parents. I, too, think reading is very important (and I'm planning on homeschooling my children and reading is very high on my list of priorities) but the church is simply not commanded anywhere in Scripture to go and make readers of all nations. We're called to make disciples. Now, if you think it would be nice for a church in California to set up a reading program for those kids, move to CA and start one! It'd be a great ministry. ;)

Madgebaby also mentioned how President Obama is a Christian. While, he may indeed be one (only God knows his heart!), his actions definitely show us otherwise. Matthew 7:16 tells us to use our discernment and determine who people are by their fruits.
Even beyond President Obama's support of abortion, he doesn't want the children who survive abortions to be given any medical care whatsoever, he supports homosexual activity, he has close ties with known terrorists, and he wrote, "...I will stand with them [Muslims] should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."
I wrote a blog post on this very topic, which you can view here if you want.

In addition, while the Bible never uses the word abortion, it definitely tells us that the unborn are people, formed, called, and named by God- see Psalm 51, Psalm 139, Job 31:13-15, Luke 1, Galatians 1:15 to name a few. This is also a good article on the topic. So, if God hates murder, then abortion is a sin.

Mrs. Sewell said...

Thanks Sarah for your response and a hearty AMEN!

Courtney said...

I was reading the dialogue here and some of it doesn't seem to fit with scripture. Abortion is a sin, because God knit us together and knew us from conception, and some feel they have the right to destroy children because they are not "human".

If we're talking about sins in relation to what a child's ability is when measured by a government standard, we must talk about the parents. It is a parent's responsibility to raise a child in the way they should go. I hope to teach my child to read as soon as possible because they can then delve into the Bible on their own. So the sin is not that the child can't read... the sin is that the parent is not raising their child. It is not a government's responsibility to raise children- God gave the responsibility to the parents.

There is much war in the old testament, and there will be war in the future. Jesus will come in wrath and I don't think anything we've seen today will compare to God's wrath for sinners.

Churches should be helping people, but really, what good is it to make the world a better place to go to hell from? We must meet people's spiritual needs, because nothing else matters if they are not saved. I know plenty of churches that minister to people who are in need. And if we are talking about churches falling short we must remember that an estimated 90% of people who claim to be Christian are not. Is it any wonder that people in buildings are not very effective? You can see the fruits of salvation in true Christians, and there is not a question about who they serve. They are not out there making policies, they are making disciples.

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon