My wonderful friend Jessica gave me this recipe and I made them this morning and they were absolutely wonderful!!! They were so much better than buying the store bought canned ones. I used my bread machine to make the dough which made the process much easier and allowed me to go grocery shopping and clean the house a bit while it was making the dough.
Homemade Cinnabons
Dough
1 T. dry yeast
1 C. warm milk
1/3 C. sugar
1/2 C. soft butter
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
4 C. flour
Dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Knead into a ball or put in a bread machine on the dough setting. (I used my bread machine. I dissolved the yeast into the warm milk and put that in the pan first, then I added the butter, eggs and sugar, then I added the flour and put the salt on top and put the machine on the dough setting. Once it was done I let it rise for another 30 minutes or so and then rolled the dough out) Let rise until double in size. When ready, roll out to about 1/4-inch thick. Spread with filling.
Filling
1/4 C. soft butter
1 C. brown sugar
3 T. cinnamon
Spread butter evenly on dough. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon evenly over buttered dough. Roll up dough. Slice roll into 1-inch slices. Place on a greased pan. Let rise until double in size. Bake 10 minutes at 400*. [Our rolls needed longer than 10 minutes.]
Icing
1/2 C. soft butter
1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
1 oz. cream cheese
2 T. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Beat until fluffy. When rolls are hot, spread lots of icing on them.
--Recipe from Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy
1 T. dry yeast
1 C. warm milk
1/3 C. sugar
1/2 C. soft butter
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
4 C. flour
Dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Knead into a ball or put in a bread machine on the dough setting. (I used my bread machine. I dissolved the yeast into the warm milk and put that in the pan first, then I added the butter, eggs and sugar, then I added the flour and put the salt on top and put the machine on the dough setting. Once it was done I let it rise for another 30 minutes or so and then rolled the dough out) Let rise until double in size. When ready, roll out to about 1/4-inch thick. Spread with filling.
Filling
1/4 C. soft butter
1 C. brown sugar
3 T. cinnamon
Spread butter evenly on dough. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon evenly over buttered dough. Roll up dough. Slice roll into 1-inch slices. Place on a greased pan. Let rise until double in size. Bake 10 minutes at 400*. [Our rolls needed longer than 10 minutes.]
Icing
1/2 C. soft butter
1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
1 oz. cream cheese
2 T. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Beat until fluffy. When rolls are hot, spread lots of icing on them.
--Recipe from Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy
I made two pans of these and one pan is already gone!
Enjoy! Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)













4 comments:
Oooh, those look SO yummy!! I can't wait to try them, my DH LOVES Cinnamon Rolls.
I have an award for you over on my blog, if you'd like to come and get it. :-) I always enjoy your blog, thanks for everything you share!
How long do you think these took from start to finish? I am making breakfast for church this Sunday and am wondering if this might be too much to tackle before 9am. :) They look fabulous and I have always wanted to make homemade cinamon rolls!!!
When I use my bread machine, the dough making process takes about one hour and 20 minutes. After that, it takes me about 10 minutes to get it ready to go into the oven, and in the oven it takes about 10-15 minutes...
I am sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.
God Bless
Crystal <><
Thanks so much!
Post a Comment