I have a desire to serve the Lord with all of my heart, mind, soul and strength. I have been a Christian for 4 years and with each new day my soul yearns to please the Lord with everything I do and say. One area of my life that I struggle with is having patience with my little ones. When both girls are fussing and whining and I am tired from getting up and down with Charlotte the night before, it can wear my patience thin.
A good friend of mine recently pointed me to “The Fruits of the Spirit” in Galatians 5:22. She had her daughter’s room decorated with this theme and it caused me to do the same in an effort to remember these on a daily basis. I went out and bought some wood plaques, paints, and ribbon, and within two days my daughters’ room is all made over! Each time I go into their room “The Fruits of the Spirit” are starring me in the face. It has surely helped to remind me to act in a way towards my husband, children and all others in a Godly manner. It forces me to change my “bad” attitude into one that honors God.
I have also determined to get back to the basics! I have begun cleaning and organizing my home so that even my domain is a place that pleases and honors God. I am blessed to have a husband who is on board with my convictions and helping me to clean out my “spiritual closet” so to speak. We have a plan and we are sticking to it! I am going to get back to being frugal and making nutritious meals for my family from scratch. Biblical Femininity is also on the top of my list. My sweet husband purchased a basic sewing machine for me and I am in the process of sewing the girls’ spring/summer dresses and cloth wipes. I was never taught to sew growing up, so I have to literally figure this all out on my own. I want to be able to teach my daughters these wonderful past times, so that they can pass it down to their daughters.
A Gift from my husband
I broke out my bread machine yesterday and made the best loaf of bread I have ever made! I used the Tammy's Recipes- Amish White Bread. It turned out perfect! I will never buy store bread again! (I will be making another loaf today)
I also made a lovely Breakfast Strata this morning that is just divine! I made it yesterday and put it in the refrigerator for 24 hours and just popped it in the oven this morning. Perfect! I am back to making a meal plan for 2 weeks at a time and that alone has eliminated so much stress.
I recently purchased “Passionate Housewives Desperate for God” by Stacy MacDonald and Jennie Chancey and am on the 2nd chapter. So far I am highly enjoying this encouraging book. I listened to Dr. Albert Mohler’s radio show the other day when he had a spokesperson from The True Woman conference on his show. I checked out the website and have since signed the “True Woman Manifesto” and am listening to the conference on my Ipod when I have time.
I am constantly reminding myself that my life is not about me, it is about serving God and my family. When I begin to turn the focus on me, things just fall apart. The Lord is so faithful to bring me back to Him and remind me of my purpose.
I pray that you will examine your life to find out if you are putting God first or yourself first. As Christian wives and mothers we have an awesome responsibility to exude Biblical Femininity…we cannot do this if we are preoccupied with ourselves and harboring feelings of entitlement. We are owed NOTHING! God is everything, and I am who I am and where I am because of His Mercy and Grace. I am getting what I do not deserve and not getting what I do deserve! May my life always be a reflection of Christ as I strive to be obedient to His commands and honor Him with my whole life.
Serving God and My Family <><
Crystal <>< (SAHM)
Made a correction to the original post. I cited the wrong bread recipe. Ooops!













2 comments:
Crystal, that is such a great idea about putting the fruits of the spirit in your girls' room. And cute too! I've been trying to be more purposeful about placing scripture around my home in places I will notice it and remember to check my attitude and motivations.
I have to be careful when getting caught up in the domestic arts, to remember that being a good old-fashioned homemaker does not redeem me from my sin, and it doesn't necessarily make me any holier than women who feed their kids pizza rolls for dinner. I love rules and standards, so legalism is an easy trap for me to fall into! That being said, I have really enjoyed becoming more domestic and making my home a priority. When my attitude and motivations are in the right place, and I am doing it to serve rather than out of self-righteousness, my home and my heart are much more peaceful!
Oh, and I'm definitely going to try that bread recipe!
April
Thank you so much for posting the links for the True Woman Manifesto and Dr. Albert Mohler's site. I had never heard of either, and I am finding that both sites will probably be helping me in my walk with the Lord. And yes, I did sign the manifesto online. :)
Post a Comment