Thursday, December 11, 2008

So much for Global Warming!

Let it snow! Yes, there is snow in Baton Rouge, Louisiana today! We have gotten a little over an inch, and it is marvelous! I have taken pictures of the snow and even documented it on my video camera!

It is of course freeeeezing outside, but oh so pretty! The only problem with snow in South Louisiana is that NO ONE knows how to drive in it. All of the schools in our Parish are closed for the day, and so there are children outside playing in what is now a snowy slush. It is supposed to rain for the remainder of the day and for the next 2 or 3 days, and possibly snow again.

Malachi took Sofia outside to see the snow and she really wasn't all that thrilled with it. She kept saying "cold daddy". She does like watching it from inside the house though.


Daddy and Sofia in the snow...she wasn't too thrilled about it



It is COLD outside!



This is right outside our front door!



This is what Charlotte thinks of the snow!


The last time I was graced with snow's presence was when I was stationed in Korea.


Snow in South Korea at Osan AB


It would snow for like a day. The first snow was always pretty, but then after that it got all muddy and slushy. The prettiest snow I have ever seen was when I was in Italy. It snowed when I was there in January 2003 for a visit and it was just gorgeous! It was cold, but the snow was just so beautiful that I forgot just how cold it was outside. When I lived in Italy for a short while it was warm, so now snow then. I would definitely love to live there all year round!

Malachi surprised me for Christmas and bought me a new Sony Alpha Digital SLR camera! It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but never made it here. The UPS lady called me today and told me that she is trying to get it to me today. I hope it does get here so I can take some awesome pictures of this snow!

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon