As a Christian wife and mother I absolutely love my job. I have the honor of caring for a Godly husband and two precious daughters each and every day. I have had a job of some sort since I was 15 years old, and I can honestly say being a wife and mother (and one who seeks to please God) is the HARDEST most REWARDING job I have ever had.
Ever since I had my first daughter, many people have given me unsolicited advice about how “I need to get out of the house more often”. “They” say this because they have this belief that a stay at home mother needs some “fresh air” or “time away from their children”. What they are really saying is that young stay at home mothers are “entitled” to this “special alone time” in order to stay sane, and have an identity apart from their husband and children. I have always felt very uneasy about these so called “words of wisdom”. I see no indication in scripture that a wife and mother is supposed to be identified by anything other than Christ and her family. (family being her husband and children) So why all the fuss? Well, Jess over at “Making Home” hits the nail on the head in regards to this issue. I have enjoyed reading Jess’ blog for over a year now and it is amazing how she seems to write about an issue that I am about to blog on! Godly minds think alike! I recommend that you all go over and read through this post on Combating the "You Should Get Out of the House More" Mentality.
Jess comments how “they” seem to know everything when she says:
“"They" are always saying all sorts of things, aren't they? There are an abounding number of loud voices telling us that we "need" to get out... that we can't be mentally, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually satisfied and stimulated at home... that our self-worth depends on having individual aims that are separate and distinct from who we are and what we do in our homes. And all too often, we believe it.”
What Jess says is sadly true, “Sometimes it is the very people who ought to be encouraging us to stay home-- the "older women" mentioned in Titus 2-- that ask or encourage us to be away from our homes.” This is very sad to me that even Christian women don’t see how a mother being at home with her children is a noble and virtuous role and that they should be encouraging it. Instead they choose to be the wet blanket that often times causes young mothers to stumble into the sin of selfishness.
God has given us His Word so that we know what our purpose is as a wife and mother. We should be eager to please Him by obeying His Holy Word with a joyful heart without grumbling. The rise and progression of feminism seeks to undermine God’s Word by blatantly rebuking women who find value and honor in being a woman of Godly character. What these feminists fail to realize is that by fighting to be more and more “like” a man, they are admitting they believe men are better. If it were not so, they would find peace and reward in being a woman and embrace who God designed them and intended them to function.
I am the wife to an amazing husband and two beautiful and precious darlin’s and there is absolutely no career that would satisfy me more. There is also NO OTHER place I would rather be than AT HOME with my husband and children. Malachi and I will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary on Saturday and he will be taking me (and the babies) to a Japanese Restaurant in the city. We choose to include our children in our anniversary dinner because they are a significant part of our marriage. Sofia and Charlotte are little symbols of how much Malachi and I love each other. They also show to the world that we will trust and obey the Lord with every aspect of our lives, even in childbearing. These two little ones are the joys in our lives and brighten each day, so why would we want to be separated from them? They are only ours and in our possession for a short time, and then they will grow up to be wives and mothers to their own families. So, we have vowed to enjoy them, love them, train them in God’s ways, and keep them close to us for as long as we can. I did not carry them in my womb so carefully for many months to just drop them off with someone so I can have “me” time. NO ONE can love, nurture or care for my children like I can. This is why God made ME their mother and not someone else.
I will close with what Jess closed her blog post with…
“IT'S A BIG JOB... AND I WANT TO DO IT!
Day-in, day-out motherhood is not for the faint of heart. Our culture whispers lies about it, saying it's easy, insignificant, or that anyone can do it. But the difficulty of it lies in the facts about it-- very few do it for the long-haul, and even fewer do it well.
I want to be one that crosses the finish line with exuberance. One that struggles through even the hardest of times with God's peace and joy, and thankfully walks through the good times. One who is a reliable, rock-solid source of comfort, strength, wisdom, and encouragement (all drawn from the wells of God's word) for my husband and children. One that doesn't come up with excuses of why I am the exception in God's plan for younger women. One who yields to the demands of the Potter who knows much better than I do what I was made for... I am striving to be a young mom who says, "yes, Lord. Yes. Here am I. Use me."” (Making Home, 2008)
Serving GOD and MY family,
Crystal <>< (BLESSED AND HONORED TO STAY AT HOME WITH MY BABIES!)














No comments:
Post a Comment