Sunday, December 7, 2008

Motherhood


The days of being a mother can be very exhausting and challenging, both mentally and emotionally. If it were not for the Grace of God and the help of my husband, I surely would fail miserably.

My very sweet friend Sarah posted a blog on this very subject. She and I have two children. She has a son that is the same age as my daughter Sofia, and a daughter the same age as my daughter Charlotte, so I completely understand what she is going through.

I am blessed with wonderful Christian mothers in my life who never miss an opportunity to encourage me and lift me up in prayer. I must admit I need more prayers now than at any other time in my life. It is very easy as a Christian mother to fall into the pits of self pity. We can begin to wonder what life would be like without children, almost reminiscent of the times when we had "me" time all the time. This is a very dangerous place to go, as it can breed resentment and bitterness.

In these times when the enemy is attacking, I run to my Jesus and He is faithful to remind me of all the joys of motherhood. He also reminds me of my heart's desire for many children and the many struggles I have persevered through to have the two beautiful daughters that I have today.

Motherhood is most definitely the BEST and GREATEST job I have ever had. It is a God-given blessing to have children, both naturally and through adoption. Let us never curse motherhood as it is what God created us for!

Serving God and My Family,

Crystal <>< (SAHM)




"Oh, Mothers of young children, I bow before you in reverence. Your work is most holy. You are fashioning the destinies of immortal souls. The powers folded up in the little ones that you hushed to sleep in your bosoms last night, are powers that shall exist forever. You are preparing them for their immortal destiny and influence. Be faithful. Take up your sacred burden reverently." -JR Miller

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad God allowed us to find one another to share in motherhood's ups and downs together. Love ya!

The Rhoderick Family said...

That video was very emotional for me. Those same sentiments ran very true to me at one point in my life. I can soooo empathize! I would love to add it to my own family blog. How did you insert the video?

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon