When I was younger I had heard of a "Hope Chest", but never knew exactly what it was, and never received one. Mrs. Fuentes writes a great article on what a Hope Chest is and things to put it in for our daughters. A Hope Chest is something given to our daughters when they are married to bring into their home. You can check out Mrs. Fuentes' blog to see what items are good to include inside of a Hope Chest. I have decided to begin preparing items for my daughter's Hope Chests. This will be something special I can give them when they get married. What a special gift to receive! Serving God and My Family, Crystal <>< (SAHM)
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Hope Chest
Labels:
Article Recommendations,
Gifts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
Great idea Crystal! Our family tradition was to purchase a hope chest for each daughter on her 16th birthday to fill. I loved it! When I got married, it was so special to look over items that had been given to me or that I had made when I was only looking forward to someday meeting my future husband.
PS Love the new look of your blog!
We have David's mother's old hope chest in our bedroom. Right now it's holding my wedding dress! It is something nice to give to the next generation. I may think about doing that...
I always wanted a hope chest, but I'm so picky, I don't know if I would have been happy with what my mother put in it!
Post a Comment