Today began a little earlier than most days. I was up at 530am to nurse Charlotte and decided after she fell asleep after her morning snack I would get up and get things ready for the day. Instead of bringing my sweet one downstairs with me I let her slumber in her bassinet in the stillness and darkness of our bedroom. I made my way down the stairs to begin ironing my dear husband's shirt for the day. I also listened to Carolyn Mahaney speak on Biblical Womanhood in regards to True Femininity. It was long before my husband and other little sweet one were making their way down the stairs to greet me with their tired faces and crazy bed hair. All had been quiet for a moment and then the hustle and bustle begins. I was able to make my husband a good full breakfast. We actually had the blessing of sitting down and eating together…with Sofia! It was a lovely time of fellowship before my dear sweet husband rushed to get ready for work. We were able do all this while the littlest one slept soundly upstairs; however, it wasn't long and she graced us with her beautiful "good morning" smile. It also didn't take long for Sofia's morning dose of whining began. Nothing seems to satisfy her and times this makes me feel very frustrated. It is even worse on my nerves when I have a screaming colicky baby and a whiny 2 year old. It seems in the middle of my day the pressure is on and I feel like I need to escape for a moment. A day that started out so pleasant turns to full of whining, sometimes raised voices in frustration, nervously bouncing a crying little one, and me…feeling like I can't get a grip. Then…I log onto a new blog that a dear sweet friend recommended (thanks Sarah!) and read that I am NOT the only momma to feel this pressure. This mother reminds to stick it out and delight in the pressure of the day. It is like the fire that refines us into the image of Christ. It gets super hot, almost unbearable at times. But once through it we are shinier than ever as the impurities within is us have been burned away! Lord, thank you for turning up the heat in my life to burn away those things that are not pleasing to you. When the pressure is on and I am feeling inadequate I will trust in you Lord. I know that you love me and want me to be the very best example of You to my sweet little ones. Please keep me humble Lord and please keep refining me with Your Holy fires! In Your Most Precious and Holy Name Jesus, Amen. "I have refined you, but not as silver is refined. Rather, I have refined you in the furnace of suffering." Serving God and My Family, Crystal <>< (SAHM)
Isaiah 48:10
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Your Holy Fire Lord
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment