Why is it that Christian parents still find it "natural" to place their children in a public school at age 5? I am not speaking for the non-Christian parents, because in reality they have a bigger problem than their children being in public school. However, I am speaking directly to Christian parents and make no apologies for those who feel offended after reading my posts on homeschool vs. government run public schools. I have heard every excuse in the book for Christian parents who know the current state of the government run public schools, yet still choose to enroll their children there. Here are just a few: These are only a few…there are millions more. The Bible teaches us that wives are to "be the keeper of their home" (Titus 2:5). If a Christian mother is a stay at home mother, then why is she not homeschooling her children? If she is not a stay at home mother, why not? It wasn't very long ago that someone left me a comment saying that "not everyone is as blessed as you are to stay at home and care for your children. Some of us have to work to make ends meet." When I read that comment I laughed because of the incredible lack of "paying attention" to my blogs. My husband and I are not wealthy. In fact according to the world's standards we are very very poor. I am sure if I were to go to work we wouldn't be in the financial turmoil that we find ourselves in everyday. However, the Lord provides shelter, food and clothes for us each and every day. So, I am in no position to complain. On the contrary of the comment left to me, staying at home with my children IS a SACRIFICE. I am blessed because I make this sacrifice. I know many other Christian families who make this same sacrifice and are in the same financial pinch that we are in, but wouldn't change it for a second. The reason we don't second guess our choice on this is because the alternative is simply not a Biblical option. We believe that sending our children to government run schools (or private schools) is not Biblical. We do understand however, that there are families who simply must send their children to these schools. However, even in cases of single parent homes and low income homes, there are churches that DO offer financial aid for homeschooling so that the mother can stay home and teach her own children. More churches need to step up and offer this type of aid if they are not already doing so. The Bible is clear on the job of the church. They are to take care of the widows and single mothers and the POOR. If they are not, then they are not living up to God's requirements. This also puts responsibility on individuals within the Body of Christ. If you KNOW there is a need, and you have the means to fill it, then FILL THAT NEED. Don't sit there and think that you are not required to do anything because the person in need isn't your "blood family" or because that person has caused this financial hardship by being irresponsible. If God looked at all of us in that same manner, we would all be dead in our sins! We certainly don't deserve His Mercy or Grace. I see more people in need helping those in need. This is a beautiful sight to see. God uses dumb things to confuse the wise. Christian parents who homeschool their own children must be one of those numb things that confuse the wise, even among other Christians. I received a great quote from a friend this morning.
This is so true that it really doesn't need to be stated. However, there is so much opposition to Christian parents homeschooling their own children that it most definitely DOES need to be said. Christians continue to compromise on every aspect of Biblical Truth that we don't even recognize error when we see it. We have placed our children under the authority and direction of the godless for far too long, and it is evidenced by our society's moral decline. The only way to change the next generation is to give them a heritage of Biblical Living. This means we lay the foundation at home and keep them planted on that foundation until they are ready to stand on their own. A 5 year old cannot do this. I would seek to say a teenager is not fully equipped to stand on their own in the face of a humanistic, secular godless world that seeks to destroy their faith in Jesus Christ. This may be the reason that an estimated 90% of professing Christian children leaves the Christian faith by the end of their freshman year in college. (Reported in Family Driven Faith By, Dr. Voddie Bauchman Jr., p.215) This should get the attention of all Christian parents. However, it seems not to be a big deal to those who are aware of these frightening statistics because there are still children of evangelical Christians in public schools. What more evidence does one need to convince them that government run public schools do not compliment what Christians are commanded to teach their children? If the outcome of a child's soul was made paramount then this would not be an issue that is debated over.
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)













No comments:
Post a Comment