Saturday, August 2, 2008

Charlotte is 4 weeks old!


Today my little sweet Charlotte is 4 weeks old! She has been such a delight. She is such a pleasant baby and I love to just hold her all day. Sofia is still doing a great job at being a big sister. She loves to sit and talk to Charlotte. Sofia can say her sister’s name now, but she says “Char-dot”. I think it is so sweet to hear Sofia saying her baby sister’s name. Yesterday as I sat nursing Charlotte, Sofia was standing in front of me playing with Charlotte’s hands. Charlotte opened her little hand and then grabbed tightly to Sofia’s finger. Sofia’s eyes got so big and she just giggled in excitement that Charlotte was holding her finger. So precious!

Having two sweet daughters is such a joy! I have nothing to complain about. They truly show me what is important in this life. I pray that as my girls grow and mature that they will learn from me a love for the Lord. I want them to know what a joy, blessing and privilege it is to be a wife and mommy. I pray that they will have a passion and a heart’s desire to please the Lord in all they do. If that is the only thing they ever learn from me that will be enough. Of course with these prayers I have for my children comes MUCH responsibility. It means that I have to remain in Christ, and I have to keep my own self in check. Children are sponges and are ever watching others. This means that I have to be on guard with my own actions and speech.

I pray that as my girls watch Malachi and me, that they will see Christ in us. Our love for the Lord should be so bright that it cannot be missed. It should be the only thing people see. All other attributes or identities pale in comparison than that of being identified in Christ.

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Charlotte and Sofia are such beautiful girls. You're a terrific mother, Crystal!

nannykim said...

sweet sweet! My grandbaby has been born too!

Seven's Heaven said...

Beautiful girls and they are blessed to have a mother seeking Christ.


My dear friend just had a Charlotte too! Almost the same time. But she is the youngest of 3 boys. Imagine that!
Blessed summer to you and your bigger family.

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon