
The first few weeks after having a baby are rough. They are wonderful and exciting, but rough. However, I am finding that I am doing much better this time around than I did when I had Sofia. Most people will say that it is because I have experience now and that I know what to do or expect. I do agree with this, but I also believe that I have grown in my walk with the Lord and have learned to place ALL my trust in Him. Even in child-rearing we must remember to place ALL our trust in the Lord for the strength we need, especially in these early weeks after a new baby is born.
Charlotte is now 3 weeks old and we are encountering some breastfeeding difficulties. She had an appointment yesterday with her pediatrician who thinks Charlotte may have colic or acid reflux. She hasn’t reached her birth weight yet, so she will go back next week to be weighed again. When this happened with Sofia, I remember being very discouraged and being in the throes of post partum depression. I eventually, at 6 weeks, gave up on breastfeeding Sofia. This time is much different. For one, I will not give up easily and two, I am not feeling overwhelmed. I will simply keep trying my best to nurse through the difficulties.
My sweet Charlotte also had an appointment with her cardiologist yesterday. They did an EKG, and ultrasound of her heart and they put her on a 24 hour halter heart monitor. My poor little girl does not like the cords that are all hooked to her. Charlotte loves to nap on her tummy, but with all the cords attached to her chest, she was unable to do that yesterday. She will have the monitor removed later on this evening.
Sofia is such a delightful big sister. Today as Charlotte was fussing she leaned over and said to Charlotte; “I hold you”. It was the sweetest thing to hear. Sofia loves her little sister and is very protective of her. I find this fascinating because we have not taught her this. It simply is instinctive, just like the nurturing instinct of motherhood. The Lord again amazes me with how He has designed everything so perfectly.
In closing for today, I must say that going from one child to two precious little ones is not as “hard” or “stressful” as some people would like me to believe. My trust is in the Lord and I know that He has equipped me with what I need to be a good mommy to my little girls.
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM of two breathtaking daughters)
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Mothering Two
Labels:
Blogging,
Motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
That is my very favorite verse in the whole Bible! Romans 15:13 Keep up the great work and hang in there with the breastfeeding. My Jameson was colicky and we nursed for a full year so it is possible. I will be praying for you.
Your two baby girls are just beautiful, but you already know that. =)
I wish you the best of luck with continuing your breastfeeding with Charlotte. I look back fondly on my months of breastfeeding JD and am really enjoying my time nursing Amy as well.
Charlotte is in our prayers. Please keep up updated on the results of her heart monitor.
Congratulations on your new baby girl. She's beautiful!
I love your No Gossip graphic! Where did you get that?
Post a Comment