Are you weary today? The end stages of any woman’s pregnancy can bring on weariness. I have heard so many unsolicited comments about how big I have gotten. They say things like “bless your heart, you must be really uncomfortable”, “Wow, your belly is the size of a cow!”, “You are carrying low, poor thing”, or my favorite so far, “You MUST be carrying twins!”
I must say that although I have a wonderful encouraging husband who every second of the day reminds me that I should be proud of my belly for it contains a precious life that we have been blessed with, I get discouraged still and become weary with other people’s rude or insensitive comments about how HUGE I am. Weariness can be brought on by physical exhaustion, which every pregnant woman WILL encounter, and it can also be brought on by mental and emotional exhaustion. Other people’s insensitive comments or any comments at all can cause a pregnant woman, especially in the last weeks of pregnancy, to become extremely weary and discouraged.
How does one combat these feelings of discouragement and remedy weariness? We serve a great God who has given us the answer to this very question! First we need to remember to “take every thought captive” 2 Corinthians 10:5. This is so very important. We are all vulnerable in allowing our minds to wonder into places they shouldn’t be. This can lead to us throwing a HUGE pity party for ourselves and taking the focus off of God and on to us.
“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” 2 Corinthians 10:5
Then after we have taken our every thought captive and placed it under the obedience of Christ, we are then reminded in Matthew 11:28 where to run to when we are weary.
“Come to ME, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
We are told to go straight to Jesus. I would say run like your butt is on fire! He is the one to which we should always run to as He is the one who can save us. I would say even seasoned Christians forget this step at times. We tend to only go to Jesus as a last resort. We will seek out other believer’s, Dr. Phil and Oprah, or a doctor, or a psychiatrist without remembering that we are to go straight to the Lord first! This means that we are to daily be IN HIS WORD! This is the very first and primary means the Lord speaks to His children. There is no excuse for not seeking the Lord first in all things. This is where I stumble at times and it can lead me down a painful spirally path to my knees before the Lord. This could have all been avoided had I sought Him out first.
So today, I challenge you; if you are weary or discouraged seek out the Lord through His written Word. He has given it to us so that we may know Him better. He is our rest and our Savior, and He deserves for us to come to Him with all our problems. He died on a cross so that we can have a direct line to Him because He cares and loves us. What a great God we serve! No one will ever love you like He loves you!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














No comments:
Post a Comment