This week I have hit the 35 week mark of this pregnancy! I can definitely tell that Miss Charlotte is ready to make her debut into our family. Although technically we still have 5 more weeks, we are pretty sure Charlotte will arrive fashionably early. If this is the case we will be more than thrilled! Charlotte is sitting pretty low these days and her movements are beginning to slow down. I am having Braxton Hicks contractions more and more often. Last night I swear I had a few “real” contractions as they were very uncomfortable. I must say however, this doesn’t concern me one bit, it actually gets me even more excited! To think that my little Charlotte will be here soon is such a wonderful thought. I have received many cloth diapers for Charlotte and they are all washed and ready to be put on her cute bottom. We are slowly but surely getting things organized and prepared for when we bring our sweet baby girl home.
Sofia seems to be catching on to the idea of mommy having a baby. She loves to rub my belly and say “bebe” or “sissy”. My baby sister just had her first child (a son, Kaleb) and when we visited, Sofia was so sweet and gentle with him. She is a natural big sister already. We have been praying that the Lord would show us how to prepare Sofia for big sisterhood. It appears that the Lord has been getting Sofia ready for this new addition without our help. She is such a sweet child and is very gentle and cautious around little babies.
As many of you know, we plan to deliver Charlotte naturally. This has been a desire of mine since before I was pregnant with Sofia. However, I did not get to have a natural birth with Sofia. We have been doing lots of reading and talking to other mother’s who have delivered naturally, and we are fully confident that with strength from the Lord I can have the birth I desire. This time in the delivery room it will just be Malachi and I. We will be using the Bradley Method this time and I think I have read that book 4 or 5 times! I am fully confident that Malachi will be the best birthing coach. We had wanted to hire a Doula, however, we just never were able to save the money for it. So, I place my trust in the Lord and my husband. I believe that this is how it should be. I trust the Lord and my husband for everything else, I am confident that they are fully capable of helping me get through the labor process and deliver a healthy little girl! We have the best OBGYN who sees no reason why we can’t deliver naturally. He is actually very much for natural childbirth rather than an unnecessary medicated assisted birth. The recovery time for me and Charlotte will be a lot shorter and easier. So as you can tell, Malachi and I are so excited about the entire thing.
Malachi’s work is making every arrangement to make sure he can take at least a week off work when Charlotte arrives. His new place of employment with Geo Engineers has been such a blessing from the Lord! They are giving us a baby shower tomorrow (13 June 2008) to join in the celebration of our newest daughter. We are so blessed at where the Lord has placed Malachi. We can give no credit to anyone else but the Lord for all the many great things that are happening in our lives. Malachi said to me the other day that he feels like the most blessed man in the world to have a wonderful wife and two beautiful daughters. I can tell that he is so very thrilled to be having another daughter. He is has been smitten with Sofia since day one, and I know that it will be the same with Charlotte. He is such a wonderful husband and father and I know it is because he fears the Lord. I am thankful to have a husband who seeks to love, serve and honor the Lord will all of his heart, mind, strength and soul.
Hopefully the next announcement we send out will be to announce the birth of Charlotte Michelle Sewell! Until then please keep us in prayer and when the time comes, join in celebrating and praising the Lord for Charlotte’s arrival!
In Christ,
Malachi, Crystal, Sofia and Baby Charlotte <><
“Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.” Psalm 127:3.4 and 5














No comments:
Post a Comment