It has been a few days since my last blog. Things have been so busy around here. My baby sister had her baby this past Friday. He is so adorable! His name is Kaleb and he weighs 6lbs 9oz and is 18 ¼ inches long. Tiny little man! Both of my sister’s now have had fairly small babies. What is with me having big babies? When I delivered Sofia she weighed 8lbs 13.5oz and was 21 ¾ inches long! The doctor is predicting that Charlotte will be a big baby as well. Looking at Sofia now, you would never know she was a fairly large baby.
Malachi and I had a chance to visit my sister and the new baby on Saturday. My dad also drove up from South Florida, so it was nice to see him too. He will be returning when Charlotte is born. I think it’s great he is willing to drive 12 hours to see us girls when we have babies.
I will be 35 weeks this week, and I am feeling it! Charlotte hasn’t slowed down much yet. She is still pretty active. We have been able to see her feet at times when she is stretching. It is just amazing! Sleeping is laughable at this point. Either I am up every hour to pee or Charlotte decides to do her kick boxing routine just as I start dozing off. Oh the Joys! I really believe it is God’s way of preparing me for the 2 hour feedings.
We are super excited about Charlotte’s arrival. I am in full nesting mode. I am still trying to get everything in our home organized and ready to bring Charlotte home. Sofia loves to rub my belly and say “sissy” or “baby”. We aren’t sure if she gets the concept of having a baby sister, but she will understand soon enough. We are predicting that Charlotte will be an early arrival. I am having Braxton Hicks quite often now throughout the day. They are just now starting to get very uncomfortable as they are making my lower back hurt. My body is getting ready! I can hardly wait to hold my little Charlotte.
I have noticed that as I place my trust in the Lord with this entire pregnancy, I don’t worry as much and I have enjoyed this pregnancy a lot more. Each day is a new day to praise the Lord for the life He is forming inside my womb. It seems every day I find myself telling the Lord how thankful I am for Charlotte and for His Sovereignty in my life and the lives of my children. Children are such a wonderful blessing from the Lord, regardless the circumstance they were conceived in. This is something that I struggled with at first when Malachi and I were having miscarriage after miscarriage. With the way the enemy attacks, it is sometimes hard to see the “blessing” through a trial. I believe this is why we are to always be on guard and remain in the Word. The first place the Lord speaks to His people is through His Word. So, we need to always remember that in order to know what God wants from us, or how we are to react in certain situations, we need to read the scriptures. We need to make sure that we are keeping our relationship with the Lord top priority. This can sometimes be hard for new moms, or busy parents, however it is vital in knowing how to instruct our children. We don’t merely instruct our children by disciplining them or teaching them, but how we walk “our walk of faith” with the Lord. Our role as a parent is so much more important than just the everyday tasks of feeding, clothing and bathing our children. We are our children’s first impression of the Lord. Ever thought about it that way? If we keep this mindset then we will always be checking ourselves to make sure that we are properly teaching our children about the Lord and how we are to live our lives to serve Him only. It will also teach our children how to be thankful and grateful for all the Lord does in our lives. The best “teachers” to children are their parents!
As you go about your day today, write out things that you feel is important to teach your children and then cross reference it with scripture. This way we can all make sure that those things the Lord deems important we do as well.
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)













2 comments:
Amen! Great post, parents are the very best teachers their children can have. I wish more parents would see the big picture like you do. I can't wait to hear about the happy arrival of little Charlotte.
My name is Candice, I just found your blog by typing in google "serving family." I'm really excited to get to know you through your blog and be challenged and encouraged. I stay at home with my two boy 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 and I love leaning, growing, and being encouraged and challenged by other women who are passionate about embracing God's role for women to serve their families. God bless you!
Post a Comment