
Oh the joys of motherhood! Training a two year old can be a challenge. Sofia is constantly growing and learning. She is like a sponge, just soaking up anything she comes across. This can actually be a negative aspect of her growth. I have learned (not only in theory) that young children will pick up bad behaviors just as easy as they pick up good behaviors. This can be frustrating for any parent. Especially when the parents are working hard to instill Christian values in their children. The world around us seeks to destroy our little ones. Some may say this is an over exaggeration. The scripture is clear about the intentions of this world and Satan within the lives of Christians. While Sofia has yet to accept the Lord on her own, Malachi and I have and our lives revolve around Christ. With this being the nature of our lives, Satan is constantly seeking to divide and conquer. Satan will most definitely prey on the weak and vulnerable. Our children are weak and vulnerable to the ways of the world, and this is why God has placed parents to be in authority over them AND be their “teacher”.
Proverbs 22:6
“Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
Crystal Paine over at Biblical Womanhood has been writing a series on “Successful Homemaking with Toddlers: It Is Possible”. I have been reading it and have found it to be a valuable resource. She gives great tips on how to include our little ones in everyday homemaking. Since I only have daughters (so far) this has helped me to take a more serious look at how to incorporate my daughters into the “Motherly and Wifely” parts of homemaking. I know how important it is that I teach them how to not only be a Godly woman, but a Godly wife and mother. My daughters will one day grow up to have families of their own, and it is very important that they learn the Biblical teachings of the roles they will play in their family’s lives when they are grown. If I fail them in this area, then they will surely be at a disadvantage.
I hope that you will take the time to check out the site I linked above.
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Incorporating Children into our Homemaking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
I was just googling "Christian homemaking" and your blog popped up...and lo and behold you have my nephew, Little Tait's preemie fund button on your side bar!! So cool! (thanks, btw!)
Anyhow, I'm on a mission with the googling but, I look forward to coming back and reading your blog. (the title is something very interesting to me!)
God bless!
Your sister in Christ,
~Esther Zimmerman
www.EstherZimmerman.com
Post a Comment