Glorious Tuesday!
“Raising Goldy Tomatoes” has caught my eye. Cute name huh? I thought so too after a fellow SAHM recommended the site. I have been browsing through it today and have found it encouraging.
One thing that was mentioned on the site that I have been apprehensive about, mostly because of my own ignorance on the subject, is attachment parenting. I have heard of this before but not in a positive light. However, my interests are sparked and I will be looking more into this “Attachment Parenting” thing.
My husband and I's number one priority with our children are to train them to be Godly people. Them merely growing up to be happy individuals is not enough. So each day we are studying God's Word and looking for encouragement on this road to training our babies.
I must say not everyone has the same ideas about parenting, so we are cautious as to who we allow to counsel us on matters of parenting. We often find ourselves calling our Pastor and his wife for advice, and they are always kind and very helpful. We seek their advice because we know they will give us a Biblical answer and they are the parents of a 12 year old son and 10 year old daughter. They have more credentials than we do in the parenting department. Malachi and I are still in the process of learning. We do have convictions on how we will rear our little ones, and it does not include secular humanistic pop-psychology.
There are many resources available for parents, but as Christians we need to proceed with caution on who we allow to influence us. If it is not biblically based, then we more than likely do not pay it much attention. Wisdom of man is far less than the Wisdom of the Lord, and so we chose Him over man.
We are called “fanatical” and “radical”, but our purpose is to please the Lord not man. My husband and I are not people of flattery. We are seekers of Truth, not relative morals based on one's own personal preference. That is a slippery slope that we avoid for the sake of our children's salvation which is of the utmost importance.
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














No comments:
Post a Comment