Monday, March 10, 2008

Biblical Womanhood And Some Great Websites


Blessed Womanhood! Haven't heard that in awhile. I have just recently come across some great Christian sites that serve to bring back Blessed Womanhood. I love the “Ladies Against Feminism” website. I took a look at their “links” section and found great resources for childbirth, Biblical Womanhood and dressing modestly. I love finding new sites that are Christ-centered.


I found a great PDF book, “Christ Centered Birth” by Kelly J. Townsend. I have read through the first chapter and I am in the middle of the second chapter. So far I am loving this book!


Blessing God's Way” is also another site that I have really enjoyed.


Blessing God's Way seeks to provide communities with the tools to proclaim the amazing message of God's wondrous creation of the human body. We seek to be an international, non-denominational standard for implementing resources on the three branches of womanhood: Maidenhood, Maternity, and Menopause. Our hope is to see our culture recognize the importance of proclaiming God as the creator of women's cycles and educating women on His design.”


I love how they break down a woman's life into 3 stages or branches: Maidenhood, Maternity, and Menopause. They go through each stage and show how each phase in a woman's life is a blessing from the Lord, instead of some curse or inconvenience. It gives great ideas for a Christian baby shower and teaching young girls about their menstrual cycle. I love the site and wish I had known about it sooner. I encourage you all to check it out and see what you think.


I found that when Malachi and I were planning on getting married that I really had no clue how to be a wife. I had no clue how to run a household or be a “keeper at home”. Sadly, I fall into the same category as most women my age and younger who are not being trained to be wives and mothers. With many mothers in the work place who is at home to teach the daughters how to cook, clean, manage time when babies begin arriving or the basics about being a Christian wife and mother? We end up fending for ourselves and using the “trial and error” method, that can put a strain on a marriage and cause a young wife and mother to become disenchanted with her life. This only leads to bitterness and resentment and in many cases causes a Christian woman to walk out on her family in hopes of being liberated from her responsibilities to her husband and her children. The same thing is happening with our young boys as they become men. Father's drop the ball each day at teaching their sons to be a Godly husband and spiritual head of a family. Often times, father's think their only responsibility is to “bring home the bacon”. However, this is a dangerous mentality as it begins the snowball effect of the break down of family.


I found a great site for women by Christian women who seek to live a Virtuous life according to the design that the Lord created for women. “A Virtuous Woman” has excellent resources and articles that touch on the matters of being a Godly wife and mother. They strive to teach women how to be a “Proverbs 31 Woman”.


So many women today were not taught how to run a household efficiently while in the care of their mothers. God gives guidelines for how a virtuous woman lives. Proverbs 31 is an empowering look at the role of women. Not only is a virtuous woman righteous in the Lord, but she is a loving wife and mother, a smart shopper, a seamstress, a gardener, a good housekeeper, and trains her children with wisdom. Her husband appreciates her and can praise her to his associates and friends because she is worthy of praise. Is this attainable for the average Christian woman? Absolutely! All things are possible through Christ. With prayer and study and a little know-how, we can all be "Proverbs 31 women."”


There are many resources out there for women who seek to learn more about being a wife and mother based on God's standards. It is not easy to go against the grain in the world today. However, it is vital that Christian women take the Word of God seriously. The next generation will be looking to us as their role models of Biblical Womanhood in a day when Christian women have knowingly accepted the world's lie that “women can have it all”. Only the Lord can fulfill us when we graciously submit to His ways and design. Life becomes a lot less stressful when we put our trust in the Lord and not in our own abilities, which will fail us every time.


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Sadie said...

I'm so thankful for the women online who chose to teach the Titus 2 things that seem to have been relatively abandoned in teachings both within and without of the church. Thanks for posting these great links.

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon