Thursday, January 10, 2008

Wise Counsel


Are you feeling a bit discouraged today? Do you feel like you give the Gospel message of hope to people and they just turn their noses up to it, and it just feels hopeless? This is how I have been feeling for a few weeks. I just can't understand how people know the Truth and say they believe in Jesus, but refuse to change the way they live to conform to His Word! Just drives me crazy. However, we are taught in 1 Corinthians 13 that “love always perseveres”. (v.7)


I think this is a tough one for a fallen creation who have grown so accustomed to “instant gratification”. Our biggest flaw is that we are born with a sinful nature, and even when we become saved we are still battling with it. Paul tells us that we need to “die to ourselves daily”, which shows that we are not perfected yet, but being perfected. The process of sanctification can be a painful one when the Lord prunes away those parts that do not glorify Him.


I find that Christian wives and mothers are always under attack from the secular world. The sad part is even some professing Christians attack the Biblical stance on being a wife and mother. This part really gets under my skin. However, I must realize that there are Christians who themselves refuse to submit to God's Word and would rather serve themselves over Glorifying God. This is also sad because it tarnishes Biblical Womanhood.


There are three blogs that I frequent daily that have greatly encouraged me as I walk this walk of faith in Christ. It is always encouraging to see other women who are standing up for what is right and speaking out against what is wrong, according to God's Word. Here are the three blogs that I just love to read everyday:


Unfolding Grace


Making Home


A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

I pray that they bring encouragement to you as well. Each one of these ladies bring up issues that are relevant for the Christian woman who seeks to please the Lord. I also love that each day I am being challenged to do things God's way and not my way, or the worlds way. The Bible tells us to be careful about the counsel that we seek. As a Christian it is Godly wisdom and counsel that I should seek. Seeking counsel from the ungodly is very unwise as it is not filled with wisdom, only vain words of deceit.


The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.” Psalms 111:10

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.” Proverbs 1:7


1 My son, if you will receive my words And treasure my commandments within you, 2 Make your ear attentive to wisdom, Incline your heart to understanding; 3 For if you cry for discernment, Lift your voice for understanding; 4 If you seek her as silver And search for her as for hidden treasures; 5 Then you will discern the fear of the LORD And discover the knowledge of God. 6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth {come} knowledge and understanding. 7 He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; {He is} a shield to those who walk in integrity, 8 Guarding the paths of justice, And He preserves the way of His godly ones. 9 Then you will discern righteousness and justice And equity {and} every good course. 10 For wisdom will enter your heart And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; 11 Discretion will guard you, Understanding will watch over you, 12 To deliver you from the way of evil, From the man who speaks perverse things; 13 From those who leave the paths of uprightness To walk in the ways of darkness; 14 Who delight in doing evil And rejoice in the perversity of evil; 15 Whose paths are crooked, And who are devious in their ways; 16 To deliver you from the strange woman, From the adulteress who flatters with her words; 17 That leaves the companion of her youth And forgets the covenant of her God; 18 For her house sinks down to death And her tracks {lead} to the dead; 19 None who go to her return again, Nor do they reach the paths of life. 20 So you will walk in the way of good men And keep to the paths of the righteous. 21 For the upright will live in the land And the blameless will remain in it; 22 But the wicked will be cut off from the land And the treacherous will be uprooted.” Proverbs 2: 1-22



These verses and many more throughout scripture tell us that TRUE wisdom comes from the Lord only! There is no way one can gain True wisdom through the advice from an unbeliever or the world.



Let us always seek the Lord in all that we do. Let us not be discouraged when other people don't respond to the Gospel, but trust in the Lord to do as He wills. We know that God is Just so whatever the final outcome is, He is Justified.



Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post, Crystal. Thanks.

Sadie said...

Hi Crystal! You are such an encouragement to me as well. I'm glad to have found a fellow friend and sister in Christ that I can walk the walk together with. Wish we lived closer!

Treasures From Heaven said...

Thank you for that encouragement. I have been examining my life and who my friends are and actually what blogs I read. Thank you for those resources. I will have to check them out.

God Bless,

Marcia said...

Hi Crystal,
John 18:37, Jesus says, "To this end I was born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Everyone that is of the truth heareth my voice". We cannot be a part of the truth without first knowing Jesus. He is the Truth.

Marcia

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon