Thursday, January 10, 2008

Homemade Bread


Homemade bread is the best! My friend from Arizona got me hooked on baking bread when she mailed me her breadmaking machine. Sadly though it quit after I made the first loaf! I was hooked and just HAD to have a bread machine. So my dear sweet husband bought me one! I have used it so much and have enjoyed every minute!


Today I had a craving for homemade bread, so I made a loaf! Here is the recipe that I used to make the bread. I put my machine on the “dough” cycle and baked my bread in the oven. If you have a bread machine follow the instruction manual when putting the ingredients in the bread pan.



1 ¼ Cups Milk

2 tsp shortening

3 Cups Bread Flour

1 TBSP Sugar (I sometimes use a little more than that)

¾ tsp salt

1 tsp Yeast


While the dough was preparing I took my cookie sheet and lightly greased it and then sprinkled it with cornmeal. When the dough was prepared I placed the dough on the cookie and molded it how I wanted it. I baked it at 350° for about 45 minutes. I checked it periodically until it was golden brown.



Homemade bread is just delicious! It smells so wonderful as it bakes! I hope that if you try this recipe you enjoy the process of baking it and eating it like I do!


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

5 comments:

Sadie said...

Mmmmm! Looks yummy. We just inherited a bread maker from my grandma. I haven't tried just using the dough cycle yet. Now, I'll have to try out your recipe! It looks soooo good!

Seven's Heaven said...

I was googling Keepers at Home and found you today! I love your blog and it's a joy to find a like-minded sister in Christ. I am kind of new to blogging and am looking forward to looking up your links. I have been married 20 years and still struggle with menu-planning since I home school, my days fly by. But I am newly motivated to get on the BALL and make yummy things.God bless your weekend, I'll come back! Susan T

nannykim said...

Hope you are doing well!

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

I have been contemplating getting a bread machine--I thought you had to use special "machine" mixes--now I really think I would like to have one :)

The Splitty Family said...

Hi there, I just had a question about your recipe. Does the shortening have to be Crisco, or could it be veggie oil or butter? What do you use? Just curious. Trying to use what I have on hand. I'm having fun reading your blog. I linked over here from Unfolding Grace (Mrs. Elliot) whose blog I also love reading. Thanks for sharing.
<><
Cassandra

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon