Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year Has Begun!


A new year has begun! I must say that the extent of Malachi and I's exciting way of bringing in the new year was playing Sofia's Walt Disney Princess Memory Game! We were in bed before 9pm and we were up this morning at 730am! Sofia slept until 8am...our little snoozer.


I was able to prepare breakfast for Malachi before he rushed out the door for work. Yes my husband has to work today! It is sad, but today he gets holiday pay and time and a half...so I really can't complain.


Sofia and I enjoyed toast and yogurt for breakfast this morning. I am so excited that I found SOY yogurt for Sofia, since she is lactose intolerant. She loves it and it actually tastes great! The yogurt I bought is made by the same company that makes YO BABY yogurt. I found it at Walmart, so if you are in need of SOY yogurt try YO SOY!


Malachi's parents are now in route to Arizona! It is official, they are moving. The feelings I have about them moving are conflicting. I am excited that they will be moving to a dryer climate for Malachi's mother's COPD. However, I am sad because Sofia has gotten so close with her GiGi, as have I. Malachi's mother made it a point every week to come visit, even if for only an hour. She also came anytime we needed someone to watch Sofia so that I could run errands and such. It was such a blessing to have her at the ultrasound a couple weeks ago. It was the very first ultrasound that she had ever seen! So it was a special thing to share with her.


Malachi and I are praying about our move to Arizona, as we are planning it for the fall of this year. We are excited and nervous about moving right after having a new baby, but we know that it is what the Lord has called us to do. We are praying for the finances to move, and that Malachi would have employment secured before the move. We have a dear friend in Tuscon where we plan to move, so we know that we will have help once in place.


The year of 2008 will bring many new challenges and adventures. We are excited and anxious to see what the Lord has in store for our ever growing family. As I reflect on the past year and run fast into the new year I pray that I will seek the Lord in all I do and say.


Mrs. Elliot has composed a delightful and inspiring blog about “Cleaning Out Your Heart's Sanctuary”. I loved reading every word! I pray that you will all take the time to drop by “Unfolding Grace” and read Mrs. Elliot's newest blog post. She has recommended a great book “Authentic Beauty”, where Leslie gives wonderful guidelines for a thorough heart check. You can download the pdf from her complete walk-through guides.

Biblical womanhood and motherhood are a very important part of my life as I seek to Honor the Lord with every area of my life. This year I pray that I will learn more and more the ways of the Lord when it comes to being a wife and mother. These two areas are most important to me. As we rear our children in the ways of the Lord, my husband and I pray that we raise a generation who seeks to please the Lord. I pray that my daughter/daughters will learn from me the "right" way of being a Christian wife and mother. In a day when being a homemaker is scoffed at, I want my daughters to value the blessing of being a homemaker. I pray that they will come to appreciate the Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 women of scripture and seek to emulate them as they live a life pleasing to the Lord. I desire to rear daughters of Biblical virtue and integrity. I want them to stand up for what is true and right no matter the cost.

In Deuteronomy 11 we are told to teach our children God's ways. We are to teach them about God all throughout the day at every opportunity...not just on Sunday morning when they attend Sunday school. In every aspect of their lives parents are commanded to teach their children God's ways. I will leave you with Deuteronomy 11:18-21:

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates, so that your days and the days of your children may be many...”


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Hi Crystal, I will be praying for your family that the Lord will make a way for you as you prepare to move to Arizona. Blessings in this new year!

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon