2008 is just hours away from being reality! It is so hard for me to fathom that 2007 is over. I look at Sofia, who is now 18 months old, and I am just in awe of how much she has grown in just one year! I sometimes wish that I could slow time down and savor each and every moment with Sofia and my husband. However, time must go on and the Lord's work must be done.
People have been asking me what my “New Year's Resolution” is, and honestly I haven't really thought about it. I know what my “LIFE'S” resolution is and has been, and that is to serve and love the Lord with all my heart, mind, soul and life. This never changes as I am constantly learning more and more about the Lord. I can tell you what I would like to really focus on in the coming year, and continue with for the rest of my life.
I am going to really dive into the Word of God and know Him more and more each day.
I am going to continue to run hard after the Lord, and not compromise what is right, no matter the cost.
I pray that I will become more and more like the Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 women of scripture.
I pray that I will enjoy each moment of this pregnancy and continue to praise the Lord and be thankful for the miracle of life that He is blessing me with.
I pray that I will spend more time nurturing Sofia as she goes from baby to a “Big Girl”.
I pray that the Lord will give my husband and I the wisdom to know how to prepare Sofia for Big Sisterhood.
I pray that I will take every opportunity to serve my husband and speak uplifting words of praise to him.
I pray that I will make more time for prayer and reading scripture.
I pray that no matter where I am, or who I am with the Words of the Lord are ever present on my lips.
I pray that I have more opportunities to share my faith with everyone that crosses my path.
I pray that this blog continues to bring Glory to the Lord and encourage other Stay-At-Home Christian Mothers.
Most of all I just pray that I will seek the Lord and His wisdom in being a Godly woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. I pray that it is only His will that I seek and only His will that is done in my life.
My “calling in life” is to be a Godly wife and mother, and I believe it is the highest calling of a woman. In this day and age, being a Biblical wife and mother, is the most demanding and most attacked position a woman can hold. I pray that through this blog other women can be encouraged to know they are not alone. It is not always easy sticking to my convictions, however, I have a God who has promised to finished the work He began in me! What an awesome promise to have from such an Awesome and Powerful God!
Philippians 1:6
“And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
This is our prayer for the upcoming year:
Malachi, Sofia and I pray that you all have a blessed New Year! We pray that 2008 will be a year that we all renew our relationship with the Lord and allow Him to strengthen our faith in Him. We pray that we all use our lives to serve the Lord in all we say and do. We pray that if you don't know the Lord personally and have never made Him the "Lord of your life", that He will open your eyes to the Truth and that you will accept His Gracious Gift of Salvation. We plead with you to become reconciled with God, as did Paul in his 2nd letter to the Church in Corinth---
2 Corinthians 6:1-10
1 As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain. 2 For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." 2 I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation. 3 We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. 4 Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5 in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6 in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7 in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; 8 through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9 known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; 10 sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.
Happy New Year!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)













1 comment:
You have such wonderful resolutions for the upcoming year. Our pastor talked about resolutions on Sunday and encouraged making daily resolutions. So many people fail at their yearly resolutions and don't pick up immediately. They wait until the new year. My goal this year is daily resolutions. And one of my main ones is the biblical womanhood goals.
Our resolutions are very similar and I pray that I can be an encourager to you in this coming year.
God bless,
Post a Comment