Saturday, November 17, 2007

Important Questions


Malachi and I compiled these questions about a month ago and then searched the scripture to find the answers. These are some of the most important questions that can be asked of a Christian, and we believe that we should not only know the answers but live them out in our daily lives as well. We pray that you will prayerfully consider each one.



Do you believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and effectively communicates God's message to mankind today?


2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:”



Do you believe the Bible can be interpreted opposite of the immediate context and still remain true to the author's intent?


2 Peter 1:20

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.” 2 Peter 1:20


2 Corinthians 4:2

But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.”



Do you believe man is inherently evil, or inherently good?


Romans 3: 10-18

10 as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; 11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; 12 ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE." 13 "THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE, WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY KEEP DECEIVING," "THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS"; 14 "WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS"; 15 "THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD, 16 DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR PATHS, 17 AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN." 18 "THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES.” (Paul is quoting the Psalms and Isaiah)



Genesis 8:21

...for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth...”


Psalm 51:5

Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.”



Do you believe we can trust our hearts?


Genesis 8:21

...for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth...”



Do you believe evil is that which is ultimately offensive to mankind, or that which is ultimately offensive to God?


Psalm 51:4

Against You, You only, I have sinned And done what is evil in Your sight, So that You are justified when You speak And blameless when You judge.”


Jeremiah 2:29

"Why do you contend with Me? You have all transgressed against Me," declares the LORD.”



Do you believe God is good and that He will not let evil go unpunished?


1 Corinthians 6: 9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”


Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death,”



Do you believe we will get to Heaven based on whether our good works out weigh sin?


Matthew 7:22-23

"Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
"And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'”




Is agreeing that Jesus is the Son of God, who died on the cross for our sins enough to save us?


Matthew 7:21

"Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.”


James 2:19

You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.”



Do you believe you can be a Christian and not be saved?


Matthew 7:21-23

"Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. "Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'

"And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'”



Do you believe a person can get to Heaven apart from Jesus Christ?


Acts 4:12

"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."”


John 14:6

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”


John 8:24

"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."



Do you believe that living a good life without attributing your works to Christ is acceptable to God?


Matthew 10:32-33

Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. 33 "But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.”




Do you believe that professing Christ without living out His Commandments is acceptable to God?


James 2:20

But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?”



What is the purpose of Christians on the earth?


1 Timothy 3:15

but in case I am delayed, I write so that you will know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.


Matthew 28:18-20

And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."”


Do you believe you can be saved and feel comfortable knowingly disobeying God's Commandments?


1 John 2: 15-17

Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. 17 The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.



Do you believe you can have a life changing conversion through Jesus Christ and not care enough to tell someone about it?


1 John 2:9

The one who says he is in the Light and yet hates his brother is in the darkness until now.”


Ezekiel 33:6

'But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand.'”


Ezekiel 33:8-9

"When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require from your hand. 9 "But if you on your part warn a wicked man to turn from his way and he does not turn from his way, he will die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your life.”

These are questions that confronted me as I was making my decision to accept Christ, that I felt very crucial in how I was to live my life.


As you answer these questions for yourself you will be able to see if your answers conform to what the Bible says.


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon