As many know Malachi and I have a soul's desire for many many babies. Yes, I didn't stutter, I said “many many” babies! How many is “many many”? As many as the Lord sees fit to bless us with. Yes, I said “bless us with”.
According to scripture children are a blessing from God, and for anyone to say or think opposite of this is essentially calling God a liar! I love the blogspot “Making Home”, and found an article about this very subject. I highly recommend you all pop over there and read the article.
We have already heard the backlash and rude comments about our desire for many children. We find it most appalling when these comments come out of the mouths of “so called Christians”. We understand not all people have the same desires or thoughts about children that we have, and our question is “why not?”. All throughout scripture we are told how blessed a family is with many children. I think most times couples go out of their way to prevent pregnancy for selfish reasons and we believe this to be unbiblical and a lack of trust in the Lord.
Our generation is a generation centered around the selfish desire of health wealth and prosperity to a point where they cannot see the true blessings of children.
Malachi and I have been following the Duggar family. These two parents have 17 children! We find this fascinating and inspiring! They are both Bible-believing Christians who had a miscarriage do to using birth control, and have vowed since to never use birth control again. I hold to the same vow as well. I see nowhere in scripture where we are told to use any means of birth control. This may sound like an insane idea to some, but I would challenge anyone to show me scripture where birth control was or is accepted, especially within the bonds of marriage. Malachi and I believe that the marriage act of sex and intimacy and the conception of children go hand in hand and should not be separated from each other.
I pray that this has in some encouraged someone out there who is struggling with this as I have in the past. God is the Author of life and only HE controls the creation of life. I believe to take human steps to avoid this blessing of life within the bonds of marriage is a great defiance to the Lord.
Serving God and Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














2 comments:
I must say that Ken and I watch the episodes on t.v. with the Duggar family, and I'm always amazed at how well they function. The family is truly blessed. We're just working on the one baby right now! After that, we'll see what God wants. He's already shown us that He will give us a child when He thinks the timing is right.
Hey Crystal-
So glad to hear that you enjoyed that old post of mine. It was always one of my favorites too, because it highlights the pervasive anti-child attitude that has crept into even very "godly" people in the church.
I also find a lot of joy and delight in watching and learning from the Duggars. It is fun for me to see larger families and how they function.
As for us, one of the unexpected delights of being parents to many has been seeing the relationships that develop between each set of children. For example, my 5yo son and 1yo daughter have a very fun and sweet relationship, but it is entirely different than the relationship between by 3yo son and 1 yo daughter. And the relationship between my sons is totally different than the one either of them shares with my daughter. I can't wait to meet this fourth little person God is knitting together in my tummy right now... what fun to not only have the anticipation of what this little person will be to my husband and I, but to have the multiplied blessing of how he will relate to our older children. Having another child doesn't just *add* to your family-- it multiplies the joy and delight!
There are so many issues to think through for this topic, and I could never take it upon myself to answer for anyone else, but I am so grateful for the children God has given us, and we do hope and pray for more, not only through our bodies, but also through adoption.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this- it is always fun to hear from others what God is doing in their hearts on this issue.
Blessings~
Jess
Post a Comment