Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Is Halloween just innocent fun?


abstain from every appearance of evil” I Thessalonians 5:22


I found this article and think it would behoove Christians to read it. Malachi and I decided when we got married that our children would not participate in Halloween, nor are we giving any merit to Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy. I think as parents we all want our children to grow up with a sound moral compass and not instill in them that lying is "ok" at anytime for any reason. So why would we start lying to them when they are young and impressionable!? Makes no sense to me. Most people I believe do certain things out of a sense of "entitlement". I would love to see where these people can justify their feelings of "entitlement" with scripture.
The other day when we were at the doctors office the nurse asked what Sofia was going to be for Halloween, to which we kept silent and smiled, not wanting to offend this lady. I see now that I should not be ashamed to stand up for what is right. We could have used that opportunity to share our faith, but we felt like we would be "labeled". WHO CARES?! This lady told us that we just can't deprive our child of Halloween...are you kidding me?! Depriving her? I just laughed and laughed at the absurdity of this lady. Then of course I realized that in her ignorance she didn't have a clue!



Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Amen! Colin and I have had many discussions about how we want to shelter our children from confusing them with pretend holiday characters etc. You are an awesome Mom!

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon