What lies are you believing in as a woman? If you are a professing Christian, do you desire to please God in all you do and say? If you are a professing Christian, do you actually live it out, or did you just join up to be apart of the socialism? If you are a professing Christian and do not strive each day to have your life (the inner and outer workings of individual you) conform to God's Word, then why do you call yourself a Christian? Are you a professing Christian woman? Do you know what scripture has to say about feminism? If the Lord revealed to you upon asking Him to, if you have fallen into the mindset of secular humanistic feminism, would you yield to God's Word, or continue in sin?
A blog that has just become a great encouragement to me on the journey to Biblical Womanhood is “A Woman Builds Up Her Home”. This blog inspired me today. I have often felt alone in this journey of Biblical Womanhood as it is not a popular view a midst a world filled with feminism. I would highly recommend reading this lady's blog. There are women out there that actually want to please the Lord. There are actually women in this world who “live” like the Bible instructs us to.
I was speaking with Malachi about this very topic today. I get so frustrated when I see women mocking the Word of God. I have often been confronted on my position of womanhood and find that I try not to “offend” the other person. After going through scripture I see our early church family standing bold against the trappings of this world and never once making apologies. There stance on issues were directly related to the Lord's standards, not their own feelings or opinions. They laid their own presuppositions and “opinions” down and submitted to God.
Submission is willfully conforming to something that you are in resistance to. Biblically that would mean conforming to God's will or position for the sole reason of God's authority regardless of whether you agree with it and regardless the consequence. A great example of this would be the apostles in the New Testament being martyred for boldly standing up and professing to be follower's of Christ. A “closer to home” example would be not conforming to social correctness when it goes against scripture. It all comes down to the question of “who do you serve?”. The Bible says we either serve God or Satan. We will always submit to something. The choice we have is “who we are going to submit to?”. To submit to one is to rebel against the other.
I am going to begin a series on living Biblically. There may be topics that are not “popular” or seem abrasive. This is my purpose here and I believe it should be the purpose of all who claim to be Christians:
1. To win the lost to Christ.
2. To expose the lies of this world.
3. To encourage Christians who are serving the Lord.
4. To make those who claim to be Christians yet are not serving the Lord uncomfortable.
C.S. Lewis describes scripture in this manner,
“In most parts of the Bible, everything is implicitly or explicitly introduced with "Thus saith the Lord". It is... not merely a sacred book but a book so remorselessly and continuously sacred that it does not invite -- it excludes or repels -- the merely aesthetic approach. You can read it as literature only by a tour de force... It demands incessantly to be taken on its own terms: it will not continue to give literary delight very long, except to those who go to it for something quite different. I predict that it will in the future be read, as it always has been read, almost exclusively by Christians.”
I agree with his observation that you can only entertain the thought of scripture being simply a literary accomplishment by a superficial look at it. Any real study of it shows that scripture demands the reader to take a serious position on what it claims, either for or against it, nothing in between. The more you read it the more impossible it becomes to “sit on the fence”. The number one way that God speaks to us is through His Word. If you do not study His Word, do not expect a revelation from Him that is contrary to His Word!
I challenge each person to “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?” (2 Corinthians 13:5). See if your position on the essentials and the non-essentials line up with the Word of God. If you are a professing Christian then you are “professing” that you hold God's Word, His Commandments as the highest of authority over your life.
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














3 comments:
Have you ever read any of Elizabeth George's books? I started reading them a year ago and have found them a blessing as a tool to discover what the Bible says about being a Christian female and wife. A Wife After God's Own Heart and Beautiful in God's Eyes (breaks down Proverbs 31 woman and what a Christian wife should be doing).
Stepping Heavenward and A Woman After God's Own Heart are two books that are a great example of living out our roles as Godly wives. The second is a great gift to any young woman or new wife. Wish I had read it years ago, may have saved me a lot of confusion and heartache. Thank you for encouraging us to look deeper in His Word for and before each step we take.
My dear friend, you say it so well! May the Lord's will be brought to light as you write your series.
Post a Comment