Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"Commitment to Loveliness"---A Brand New Week!


It is a new week for my “Commitment To Loveliness”! I have yet to complete the list of five things I post each week, so it is a good thing I have another week to try!

One thing that I seem to be struggling with lately is patience with my daughter. I do good one day and then fail miserably the next day. I am amazed each day to be made more aware of our depraved nature. I see it in my 16 month old all the time! I can see now why we need a Saviour and why I need to extend Grace always.

I lost my temper a bit today with Sofia. For over and hour I couldn't figure out what it was she wanted as she continued to whine. I finally picked her up and placed her in her crib and walked out of the room. I sat down on the couch to cool off and TA DA, she went to sleep! That is all she wanted! This is unusual as she only takes one nap a day and had taken it earlier. I forget that she is a growing toddler and she will change her schedule as it suits her!

She is such a precious child. I had to repent for not being gentle with her. She was misbehaving due to being tired and I popped her little hand. I really should have stepped back and paid more attention to what it was she was trying to communicate to me.

So with keeping up my “Commitment To Loveliness”, here are my 5 things. These 5 things I will commit to accomplishing to add loveliness to my home and life.


  1. Extend Grace and Mercy at all times...even to my 16 month old. I will remember that she is a precious gift from the Lord and I should treat her as such.

  2. Find fun things to do with my little one during the day.

  3. Find time to sit down and read or crochet as I reflect on the awesomeness of the Lord as He is ALWAYS patient and merciful with me.

  4. Keep my house tidy and neat.

  5. Think of fun things to do with Malachi and Sofia on his days off this week. And praise the Lord for Malachi's promotion!

Lord, please forgive me for losing patience with Sofia. Help me to always remember just how precious a gift she is and to honor You by showing her gentleness and kindness. Thank you Lord for the many blessings that you bestow on me even though I am unworthy.

In Jesus Name
Amen!


I pray that you all have a great week and that you will make the effort to “Commit To Loveliness”.

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

2 comments:

nannykim said...

Hi--I know just what you mean--I found that marriage and kids can really show you your imperfections and sins---when I was single I thought I was pretty gooooood--little did I know myself!! Close relationships rub us like sandpaper; they help sand away at our imperfections. I had trouble loosing my temper with one of my kids in particular. I always thought he was testing me and it was years later that I found out he had aspergers---which explained so much. It was then that I realized even more the full extent of my sin!! He was not testing me--he just took things very literally and he was not disobeying--he just had trouble following more than one direction at a time!! Thanks the Lord for His patience, mercy, and forgiveness and the cleansing power of His blood. We all fail, but thankfully we grow through these times of failure. Thank the Lord for our children's forgiveness as well. Blessings upon you and OH I did love the chili recipe--we had it tonight--I just added some cumin ;-).

Sadie said...

Crystal, I was so glad to hear about your husbands promotion, and will keep joining you in prayer for all of the other things. God is good!

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon