Monday, October 1, 2007

Marmalade Pork Chops

This is one of my favorite meals! My friend gave me the recipe and I changed it up a bit. I like making recipes my own by adding something different. I know I have posted this recipe before, but I just remembered that I have a picture to go with it!

Package of thinly sliced pork chops. (I think they are also called Breakfast Pork Chops. I buy them at Walmart...they usually come 6-8 in a package and are really thin)

*** I am going to give you directions based on how I make it as I am not sure as to the measurements of the ingredients.


I get a medium mixing bowl, pour orange juice in it...enough to make a sauce over the pork chops. (maybe 3 cups)
I add a tablespoon of corn starch (this helps to thicken the sauce)
¼ cup or so of brown sugar
and about ½ jar of orange marmalade. (I buy the walmart brand or just the cheap store brand)
salt and pepper and MIX well

In a Medium sauce pan I put 2 tablespoons of butter (or margarine) and let it get hot, I then add the pork chops and let them brown a bit. (you can salt and pepper the chops)

Once the chops are cooked, add the sauce mix and let boil for about 25 minutes or so.

I usually serve this over rice with mixed veggies. We have a rice cooker, so I start the rice before preparing everything else, that way it is ready when the pork chops are done.

(you can add soy sauce to the sauce mix if you'd like too. We also add soy sauce to the rice before putting the sauce over the rice. It is so good!)

Enjoy!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Looks yummy, and those cats are too cute. Fun!

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon