Saturday, September 8, 2007

"Mommy Loves Her Baby"


Giving and receiving love sure is a sweet treat the Lord has blessed us with. My daughter Sofia is proof of just how sweet love can be. We have been teaching her sign language since she was about 6 months old and she is just now really catching on. My favorite sign that she has learned is “baby”. Each time I tell her that “Mommy loves her baby”, Sofia signs “baby” in such a tender sweet way. The sign for “baby” is like you are holding a baby in your arms and gently rocking your arms side to side.

I still find it amazing that she has picked up a language that allows her to communicate simple needs. She can sign “more”, “all done”, “please”, “mommy”, “daddy” and now “baby”! There is no grunting or pointing or throwing a tantrum. We either ask the question verbally about what her want is at that moment, and she responds with the appropriate sign. Or she simply signs to us what it is she wants without us ever having to ask! It is simply amazing!

Our new sign that we are teaching her is “I love you”. I know that she understands what we are saying because when we make the sign for I love you, she smiles a bashful smile. If she is feeling really sweet, she runs over and hugs me. Love truly is a Sweet Treat!

I am sure the Lord feels the same way. He said “I love you” with the greatest sign ever. With arms wide opened Jesus Christ, God in the Flesh, “signed” to us, “I love you!” while being nailed to a cross.

Let us always remember to “sign” to the Lord “I love you”, by giving our lives to Him and being obedient to His Word.

Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.


John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.


Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! And what a beautiful picture of you both! God Bless, xx

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon