Friday, September 7, 2007

Learning to be Frugal!


Good Evening All,

I am learning to live frugally! This actually is not a new concept to me. When Malachi and I lived with his parents our weekly income was $250. After our bills were payed we only spent $75 on food and that was to feed 4 adults! When Malachi got a better paying job and we moved into our own place we splurged a bit. We both were in school and receiving our GI Bill, so we had lots of money. When I say "lots of money" I am of course meaning that it was far much more than $250 a week! I must admit we were not very good stewards of our money and I was even pregnant at the time with Sofia! Isn't it amazing what happens to a bank account AFTER a baby is born? My husband and I have been using food stamps for about 6 months now because the income just wasn't cutting it. Malachi has been given a raise from work and is due for another one in a couple of months. So we have decided to budget budget budget so that we can stop using the food stamps. We are thankful that the Lord has created means to aid families who just need a little help with the necessities of life, and FOOD is a necessity.
One of the new blogs that I came across a few days ago has some great tips for saving money. I hope that you will take some time to visit "Unfolding Grace".
As a SAHM I strive to be a good steward of the income my husband brings home. I will keep you updated on any other money saving tips that learn about. Tomorrow Malachi and I are doing our grocery shopping and we are going to "Think Thrifty"!

Serving God and My Family Frugally,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon