Sunday, June 3, 2012

Life is Full!

It seems from the moment we moved the first piece of furniture into our new country home that we haven't had a moment to just relax!  Every day and every weekend is filled with projects, cleaning, unpacking, and well, making our home a home. 

While we wait on getting our own chickens we found a local farmer run by a retired Army Major and his wife.  We are now able to get fresh eggs for $2 a dozen!  This is great because we were spending $8 a dozen at Whole Foods - we only get the best eggs!  The farmer and his wife have been so kind and are more than willing to teach us the ropes and let the girls get familiar with farm animals.  It works out so well because the animals they have are so friendly that they follow us around!  So each Saturday we go and get fresh eggs!  Makes for a great reason to get out of the house and support a local farmer. 


Yesterday we had the special treat of visiting another local farm and picking our own blueberries.  We joined one of elders and his family and had the best couple of hours picking the most delicious blueberries.  I think that my children ate more than they picked, but at the end of the morning we bought 8lbs of blueberries for $8! It was such a lovely time spent with people we love enjoying the fresh air and beautiful cool morning the Lord had made.  I made blueberry muffins this morning and I'm gearing up to make lots of blueberry jam!




We also celebrated Sofia's 6th birthday this weekend.  We did have cake and ice cream as a family on Thursday (31st - her birthday) and then yesterday we had a surprise birthday party for her after blueberry picking and picking up our eggs.  Both families from our church (Covenant of Grace Baptist Church) attended and made the day so sweet for Sofia.  She enjoyed playing with her friends and of course eating more cake and ice cream!

I especially enjoyed the day, watching my oldest child experience such a sweet time surrounded by people who love and care for her.  I was also blessed with the opportunity to open my house for Christian hospitality.  Everyone knows that my Sofia has an allergy to red dye and with that means being creative with preparing meals and especially birthday cakes.  Two children in our church also have food allergies or food sensitivities and so I took on the task of making a corn/dairy free cake!  It was such a blessing to know that all of the children present would be able to partake in feasting on birthday cake without fear of having an allergic reaction or without feeling singled out.  I love being part of a church family who go the extra lengths to accommodate (joyfully) to meet the needs of every member present!  Now that is true Christian community!

Then we come to today...

Today has been just as full as the past few days.  After church my mother and her husband visited and brought me some priceless precious things for our home.  Ever since I can remember I've always wanted a few pieces of furniture that belonged to my Great-Grandmother.  Today I was given my Great-Grandmother's china cabinet - made out of teak wood and weighing in at a whopping 600lbs - and her Grandfather clock.  Both pieces of furniture are special to me and will be treasured as long as I live. 




My grandmother sent with my mother another precious and priceless gift - my Great-Grandmother's "Mother's Ring".  While it will need to be re-sized to fit my finger, it is simply beautiful and I am honored to have it in my possession.  My grandmother gave it to me as a gift for finishing my Bachelor's.  She wrote in a card that she believed my Great-Grandparents would be very proud of me and I sure hope they would be. 

While I still struggle with many hurts and wounds from my past, and I also till struggle and war with my own sins and flesh - I'm so very humbled and grateful for the family (both biological and church) the Lord has given to me.  I'm learning to seek counsel of older and wiser Christian women - and to ultimately depend and rely and trust in the grace the Lord has provided to me through the work on the Cross. 

I'll be doing a lot of "soul searching" and reflecting in the coming months.  There always seems to be something else that needs to be worked on in my life.  I'm thankful that the Lord continues to sanctify me, even when the means He uses are painful.  All I want in this life is to be conformed into the image of Christ.  I pray that He would strip away anything, everything, anyone and everyone from my life if it only conforms me into the image of Christ.  Without Christ I am nothing and am worth nothing.  So, as I close - I hope that those who continue to read my blog will know that I humbly submit that I am a sinner saved by grace through faith alone.  I hope that I never portray a false picture of who I really am and what my life really is like.  I struggle day to day and I do not have all the answers, but I can point you to the One who does have all the answers. 

I was reminded today to look back over the past 15 years of my life and see what the Lord has done and rejoice in it!  Rejoice in Christ, knowing that HE IS working in my life to will and to do His work!  That brings me such great comfort to me.

Soli Deo Gloria!

Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><

No comments:

Louisiana Canary Party - Get Involved!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon