“but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.”
1 Peter 3:4 (ESV)
On Sunday the ladies at church and I were discussing briefly about how we all long to have a “gentle and quiet spirit” as mentioned in 1 Peter 3:4. This came up after comments about our physical bodies after having children. I was so encouraged to hear that I am not in the company of other women competing to look like a model on the cover of some popular magazine. The focus then shifted to encouraging one another to want what God wants; and that He is not focusing on the “baby belly” that many of us have but on the “inner beauty” that He finds most feminine and God honoring. He is most glorified when His daughters find joy and delight in those things that bring Him glory and honor; qualities that reflect the beauty of His creation.
I was not created to draw attention or adoration to myself; either by way of being the social center of attention, or by my appearance through being too focused on clothes or hairstyles. I was created to glorify the Lord Most High and this means that I should be content with how He made me. I love the idea of wearing my “baby belly” as a proud badge of honor – I am a mother! I have had three sweet babies whom I adore immensely; why should I be ashamed that my body bears witness to this? Having a “gentle and quiet spirit” means that we are to not worry or allow ourselves to become caught up in things which draw our affections away from serving and loving the Lord.
I hope that in the weeks to come, I will have time to elaborate more of how the Lord is working in my life on this particular issue. In the meantime, I pray that the Lord would search my heart and remove all of the things that are stumbling blocks for me. I long to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord alone – being a helpmeet to my adoring husband, loving mother to my sweet darlings, and a faithful friend to those whom the Lord has given to me as friends.
Soli Deo Gloria!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <><














1 comment:
Amen! Thanks for inspiring me with this post. It has really blessed me this evening as I am a mother of two:o) God is so faithful and I am glad we have women like you that appreciate what the Lord has created:)
Blessings,
Becca
Post a Comment