Pink, pink, pink, and more pink! Now that we know we are definitely having another little girl I have wanted to dive into all the baby clothes in the girls’ closet. There isn’t much that we “need” for this new baby, as we pretty much have everything from Sofia and Charlotte. I need to replenish our cloth diaper stash. We weren’t as good at using them with Charlotte because her first 14 months of life were particularly rough, and washing diapers was impossible, so I gave much of our stash away. This time however, I am hoping to get back into the swing of things; given this baby has no health problems where sleep is more important than washing diapers.
We intend to keep this baby in our bedroom until a year of age like we did with Sofia and Charlotte. Co-sleeping while nursing was definitely a life saver with Charlotte, even though she didn’t sleep longer than about 45 minutes to an hour (if I was lucky 2 hours) until she was a year old or so. We are starting to think the heart medication caused the sleeplessness and anxiety and ALL the crying because once she was done with it, she started sleeping and didn’t cry as much. (We also found out that two of the main side effects are sleeplessness and anxiety…go figure)
This pregnancy has been SO different than all my other ones. The nausea/morning sickness was actually not that bad. I am still sleepy most of the time, but if I could get myself in bed at a decent hour I think that would greatly help. I haven’t gained much weight yet with this pregnancy, only 6 pounds. With Sofia and Charlotte I gained WAY too much weight, and that stressed my body and heart out. This time, I think because we have changed our diet, and I am not eating junk, I am not ballooning like an elephant. I remember with Sofia and Charlotte the doctor being worried that I was at risk for gestational diabetes because of all the weight I was gaining. I weighed 110 before I got pregnant with Sofia and then weighed 163 on the day I delivered her. With Charlotte I weighed 137 when I got pregnant with her and 193 when I delivered her, both girls were big babies too. Sofia was nearly 9lbs and Charlotte was 10lbs! This new baby is expected to be as big as Charlotte if not bigger at birth, so maybe the weight I gain will be all baby. Also, I am taking into account that I am chasing two little ones this time while being pregnant.
We’re still preparing for a homebirth. We need to make sure all is well with the next ultrasound and then we will probably make the switch then. I am super excited about this birth and all the support we have at making this birth the one I have wanted for so long. Sofia is really excited about a homebirth, and wants to ‘catch the baby’. I can’t believe she will be almost 5 years old when Eleanor is born, and Charlotte will be almost 3 years old. My little babies are growing up.
Malachi got another promotion and raise! He won’t be driving the Geek Squad car anymore, but will be working as a supervisor over Geek Squad. We are so thankful and always blessed to see the Lord’s hand sovereignly working in our lives. He is constantly showing us that He alone provides for our every need and this keeps us humble and thankful. We’re still praying the Lord’s will for a move to Texas, and would love to move near my best friend and her family. For now, we stay put in Louisiana and use every minute to praise the Lord for everything He is doing in our lives.
The weather has finally gotten cooler, and I love it! The afternoons get into the mid 80s, but even then it isn’t nearly as humid. The mornings and evenings are getting down to the mid to upper 50s, and this means we don’t have to turn the A/C on at all! I love when it gets cooler here because I never turn the heater on and our electric bill stays very low. I have started a soft and cozy blanket for Eleanor. It is a baby yellow fleece blanket that I am crocheting a lavender edging around. I also made Sofia and Charlotte new dresses! I finally feel like I have a bit more energy to get some sewing projects done. I plan to take a few months off from school starting in mid-January or the beginning of February. I don’t want to be stressing out about research paper deadlines and such before the baby comes. Then I’ll probably start back when Eleanor is 6 weeks or so. I should finish my Bachelor’s by the end of 2011, and then I am DONE with school, well, until I work on my Master’s…which could be many years from now and I am still not convinced I will even pursue it.
I pray that you all enjoy your week and use each moment to glorify the Lord! Soli Deo Gloria!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)













No comments:
Post a Comment