Today after calling our medical insurance company, I found out that they will cover a homebirth! I am so super excited and we’re going to set up a meeting with our homebirth midwife to discuss everything. I won’t switch over until after 20 weeks, which will be after the ultrasound. This had been an option until our finances changed a bit, and the last insurance we had wouldn’t cover a homebirth because of the type of midwife we would have to use. However, this time it looks like I just might get the birth I have so longed for! If for some reason it all falls through I am very happy with the midwives at the hospital we switched to, but of course I would prefer a homebirth. Now that we know the insurance will cover a homebirth, it means this is the best financial option, as it is MUCH cheaper than giving birth in the hospital.
I will be 18 weeks on Sunday, and this baby is definitely an active little wiggler. I have to say that feeling a baby move around and kick in my womb is the most amazing feeling. It surely keeps me humble about the preciousness of life. We have our ultrasound on October 14th and already have a boy name and a girl name picked out. We won’t reveal the names until we know the gender of the baby. After listening to Doug Phillips session on “Naming Babies” (Baby Conference) we took a very different approach this time to picking out names. If you’d like to listen to individual sessions from the Baby Conference you can through BlueBehemoth.com for $0.95 a session. I highly recommend the entire conference as it has been such a blessing to Malachi and me.
Fall is here, but it sure doesn’t feel like it down here in South Louisiana. I am not quite sure when it will cool off, but we are definitely ready for some cooler weather. I am getting very excited about preparing the Thanksgiving meal for us. Now that Malachi is back working retail, we have to stay home for Thanksgiving. This is actually my first choice, because we really want to start our own family traditions. I am working on a family newsletter to update everyone on some of the convictions we’ve had in regards to certain holiday traditions. I am hoping to have it reviewed by a few people first and then posted sometime soon. Obviously, if you’ve been following my blog you know that we don’t celebrate Halloween in any form. You can read an article I posted on the subject of Halloween and how Christians should respond here.
Soli Deo Gloria!
Serving God and My Family,
Crystal <>< (SAHM)














2 comments:
I am so excited for you! I know it means alot to you!
That's pretty neat. I checked on ours several babies back and they wouldn't cover it. The midwife told me that she had some patients that used that insurance and it did eventually cover it but they had to fight it for over 1 year before their money was reimbursed. Email me and let me know what insurance company you have...just curious!
Post a Comment